Fiamm Horn Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I could of swore we just talked about this.. but my search revealed nothing.

For those of you that have done the Fiamm horn upgrade, did you go with the low tone, high tone, or both? Was the install pretty straight forward, or did you have to make modifications to the wiring and/or mounting bracket?

Thanks,
Rookie2

OEM is high tone and low tone. Brackets mount right up, cut the connectors off the OEM end, splice on the Fiamm connectors, hook em up. Little side note, point the horn down. I had one of them pointed up, drove through a water hole and filled the horn up with water. Dumb.

R2,
Post up some pics. :bounce:

Just did the fiamm horns about 6 months ago. Piece of cake, used the high and low, they bolt right in and the factory connector clip right on. Looks almost factory but sounds much better.

Both are low tone ones on mine - simply removed the olds & bolt new ones in.

How do they sound compared to my rainbow sounding Hella's? :D

Still not sure if I like those.

here is a pic of the one i put in. i don't remember if its a high or low but it's sure louder and deeper than the original. the question is... where am i going to mount a Nathan H5 !!

Last edited:
Preciate the feedback guys. I may just install the low and see how it sounds. I want it to be loud, but I don't want to give somebody a heart attack. They might swerve into me.

:beer:
Rookie2

My Hella air horns air really bright sounding. It gets people's attention w/o the lame sounding toy horn or the domestic sound.

I think the real sound I'm looking for is off a train. Just a little quieter. :D

Rookie2 said:
Preciate the feedback guys. I may just install the low and see how it sounds. I want it to be loud, but I don't want to give somebody a heart attack. They might swerve into me.

Rookie2

When I installed mine I wired it up to one horn and then two. The total loudness sounded the same whether it was one or two. The difference was that there were two tones instead of one.

I'd like to hear the Hellas as I'm not so keen on the American soundinding Fiaams.

My experience is similar to the others. I used a low and high tone together. I modified the bracket slightly so I could have them facing forward. Seemed like a good idea at the time as far as projecting the sound forward, but now I wonder about the water issues FZJFillmore ran into. I guess time will tell. No splicing of wires was necessary. They just plugged right in. Much better than the :princess: oem horn.

Tooth Fairy said:
I think the real sound I'm looking for is off a train. Just a little quieter. :D

This is exactly what I'm looking for minus the quieter part. :cool: Only problem is all the kits are to expensive, and would take up to much space under the hood. :doh: Knew a guy once who drove semi who had actual train horns on his truck. His dad was an engineer and upon retirement took a set and gave em to his son and they were wicked loud. :D

I am going to put in Fiamm for the lower tone and was thinking about leaving one of the stock (high pitch) horns in. Go for the fuller tone of both. Has anyone done this? Does the stock horn just get blown away and not heard at all. It would be nice to have the stock as the hello horn and the fiamm as the watchout horn.

fzj80kidpen said:
I am going to put in Fiamm for the lower tone and was thinking about leaving one of the stock (high pitch) horns in. Go for the fuller tone of both. Has anyone done this? Does the stock horn just get blown away and not heard at all. It would be nice to have the stock as the hello horn and the fiamm as the watchout horn.

Hadn't thought of that one. Would probably sound pretty nasty but could be a good attention getter.

reffug said:
This is exactly what I'm looking for minus the quieter part. :cool: Only problem is all the kits are to expensive, and would take up to much space under the hood. :doh: Knew a guy once who drove semi who had actual train horns on his truck. His dad was an engineer and upon retirement took a set and gave em to his son and they were wicked loud. :D

I was walking past a guy in a CJ7 at the end of the Holy Cross trail and everyone else had walked up past the fence so it was dead quiet in the middle of the mountains. As I walked by he blasted his train whistle he had in it and scared the crap out of me. I swear it echoed for a minute. Ticked me off then, but, it's pretty darn funny now. :D

Heffenoche said:
When I installed mine I wired it up to one horn and then two. The total loudness sounded the same whether it was one or two. The difference was that there were two tones instead of one.

I'd like to hear the Hellas as I'm not so keen on the American soundinding Fiaams.

So did you like the sound with the two tone better than just the one?

The two tones sound a lot better than one. To me the one tone sounds like an old car from the 50s. Having two tones probably has a better chance of getting someone’s attention.

Only had to use them ones and the little old lady definitely heard the horns but it didn’t give her a heart attack.

Heffenoche said:
The two tones sound a lot better than one. To me the one tone sounds like an old car from the 50s. Having two tones probably has a better chance of getting someone’s attention.

Only had to use them ones and the little old lady definitely heard the horns but it didn’t give her a heart attack.

:D. Cool... Thanks.

They'll go on this weekend.

Just finished putting these in. Plug and play install... I ended up using the bracket tab bars off the OEM horns because it seemed to give a better fit. First impressions... me likes :D.

R2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom