The AO Rack is on! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
Not as big a ball-ache that I had anticipated.

Took my buddy and I a little over two hours in the parking lot of the freight place in picturesque Queens, right near JFK...

Then immediately went to BLowes to break it in.

Will put the half rack on in the rear in the near future.

This is an amazing rack. It is bulletproof just like Sin and Pimp said. Thanks! :cheers:

Thanks to Christo too for getting it here so quickly. :beer:

I love this thing!

Last edited:
With a load. I held off on getting all the wood I needed today, but in hindsight, the rack could have easily taken the full load. I guess I was more concerned with the roof.

Last edited:
Last three.

PT is heavy...

Gotta get the half-rack on!

Last edited:
oooo i like! But the Blowes comment, come on man. Thats jimmie johnson right there...rip on home depot if you want.

If uhm, your not planning on using it, ill take it. :D

Last edited:
ALERT !!

The sticker police have sighted advertising decal(s) on your new accessory... Please remove ASAP :grinpimp:

Looks great mac ! Umm... well... except for those stickers... :flipoff2:

That is still my favorite mod on my rig, and trust me... after using it a few times you will wonder how you got by without one. I cant tell from the pics but did you get any of the AO tie-down eyelets ? They are great (and a must-have!) . Enjoy !!

Nice rack... how much weight was on there? Any guess?

Building a garage?

What stickers... all I see is a small ARB sticker and TLCA!

Oh, they are there.... Look closely... see them ? ... Mac has advertising stickers on his rack and I HATE stickers ! :mad:

Ok... keep them on.. I am ok with them now ;)

Mac -

Thats one nice vehicle - do you really park it on the streets of Brookyn?

ALERT !!

The sticker police have sighted advertising decal(s) on your new accessory... Please remove ASAP :grinpimp:

Looks great mac ! Umm... well... except for those stickers... :flipoff2:

That is still my favorite mod on my rig, and trust me... after using it a few times you will wonder how you got by without one. I cant tell from the pics but did you get any of the AO tie-down eyelets ? They are great (and a must-have!) . Enjoy !!

Uhhh... no kidding huh? I was in a rush at the freight transfer station. Don't think them truckers liked us dicking around in their yard. So yeah, I left the "front" stickers on and the AO stickers are on front and back. Heck, Slee threw in a few too!

I did get the eyelets, but left them and the half rack off for the travel of the PT.

I gotta agree and say that this rack is a top mod!

Thanks for the heads up!

Nice rack... how much weight was on there? Any guess?

Building a garage?

Not sure, but the PT in the roll around at BLowes was getting pretty heavy, so I backed off. I think the rack can def take more though.

Building planters and a bench/storage for the :princess: on the deck.

I'm anti-sticker now. Taking the Warn off the front next.

You coming to CMCC this year? And.... what will you wheel? Love to see your new 100 out there! Then again, your 4Runner is mighty sweet!

Oh, they are there.... Look closely... see them ? ... Mac has advertising stickers on his rack and I HATE stickers ! :mad:

Ok... keep them on.. I am ok with them now ;)

I'll take them off when I put the half-rack on! Geez! Tough crowd...

Mac -

Thats one nice vehicle - do you really park it on the streets of Brookyn?

I do and love it. Beats paying $500 a month in Manhattan...

racks are so fun to play with...Whats this half rack you guys speak of? The front part?

Yes Loud, its the partial rail that you can use ( another great feature of AO racks... convertability) if something like a rooftop tent or oversized item is up there.. Or even to just look cool ;)

http://sleeoffroad.com/products/images/african_outback/rack_detail_4.jpg

I have the 1/2 rail and I havent used it yet, but I do run the full rail when going on longer trips.. For me it gives a better sense of security, especially with heavier loads or awkward items.

Congrats again mac...You bought a great product from an equally great vendor... (although I try) I cant speak highly enough of AO products and Slee Offroad, they are both top-notch.

Does the AO rack sit higher, the same, or lower than the OEM rack? Anyone know?

Does the AO rack sit higher, the same, or lower than the OEM rack? Anyone know?

Not sure Mobi, but I adjusted mine all the way south. However, in hindsight, in regards to wind noise etc... I can't get my arm etc. in the gap. Must put it back up north again...

macneill the black rack on ur 100s looks good but it would be better to use more accessories like hi lift bracket & spade, the problem all the accessories for the rack is silver :D

guys i am thinking of getting arb awning to my rack have any one have pics ?
rr.jpg

I don't know if you could make this fit your AO rack but the Hannibal awning is pretty nice. No poles nor guy ropes... and they are supposedly super sturdy. They come in 5, 7 or 8 feet lengths. Also has optional sides--to protect you from the wind and sand!

http://www.hannibal.co.za/Default.asp?pageid=543

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom