1986 HJ60 in Peterborough, Ontario (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of you who already know my story, the beast is up for grabs. For those of you that don't, here's the thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=132007

I really am not too sure what to offer, other than to say I have a non-running 1986 HJ60 parked in storage in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. The head is cracked and either needs repairing, replacing, or re-installing. I have the head gasket here in BC along with the key. Everything else is in Peterbrough. The Head was removed and once a decision has been made, it will just be a matter of re-installing it. On the other hand, the rest of the vihicle seemed pretty solid. It is an Automatic with 263k on it. It has 31" all-seasons on it, with an add-a-leaf installed at some point to help out all 4 corners. I recently had almost 600 worth of work done to it in the form of new batteries, belts, some wiring issues sorted etc...it also comes with new air,fuel,oil filters. Any questions or offers or suggestions for a starting price will be welcomed. I had in mind a figure of 3,000 to just get it gone as is. Otherwise I might get a friend to pull of a few parts for myself and sell the rest. One point, THIS NEED TO BE SOLD AS A WHOLE. I don't live there, I don't even live near there. I am unfamiliar with selling or buying vehicles by proxy, nd still need to find out a bit more about transfering title across provincial borders let alone federal ones. Sorry for the novel, and thanks for any feedback.

dude.....I would drag her home and part her. You would be looking at alot more $$ than I think anyone is going to give you for her as is..........Hell If you were closer I would make you an offer.

You should try and find a head first this is no easy task find a head and it will probably sell

2 grand takes it!

they are out there, and I can order a new one from Toyota for 1600. At this point it's all the extra hassle for me to go back across the country and then have it fixed and then get it back to BC and then try to sell it. Anyhow, I am willing to cut my losses on this so if you have 2 grand kicking around and want a great HJ60 project that is in Ontario, let me know!!!

Hey man, sorry about all the bad luck!

Do you have any pics of the rest of the truck? I don't know much about HJ's so please pardon any question if it sounds stupid. What other bells and whistles does it have? It is turbo'd? Any other relevant details please. I have no problem with transportation as I can fly to BC from Toronto for less than it costs to fill my truck (fly for the airlines)!

A few more ?'s :

12 or 24v truck?
any lift on it?
frame condition and body?

where in Peterborough? & it is registered in Ontario or BC? I wanted to see it.

More Info

Relic: The Vehicle is in Peterborough, Ontario about 1.5-2 hours from TO. It is essentially a stock engine, with 2 new batteries and Belts. It is a 24V truck. The head is already removed and awaiting repair or replacement. It has an Add A Leaf installed by PO and is currently running 31" tires. It is an Automatic with <270k on the vehicle. I had only had the vehicle in my posession for a few days, so haven't really had a chance to closely examine the vehicle. My plan was to do that in TO, but I never got that far. The Interior is in great shape. Everything I saw looked good. Some pretty normal Toyota rust around rear fenderwells that had been repaired by a PO was starting to rust through again, so unsure of the actual condition. I will attach whatever pics I can, but you may want to email me at: decorcuera74@hotmail.com I will reply with all the pics I have, mostly from PO and a few before getting towed from Marmora, Ontario. Any other questions I am happy to try and answer.

It seems all the pics I have are too big, please email me for pics.

Thanks for reading!

Some one buy this thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I was closer I would in a heart beat.

I will send you an email for the pics. Sorry for the delay. I don't have a computer at home.

i'm interested to see it as I'm from toronto but I'm still waiting for reply

Sorry for delay

Life has been a little hectic around here. So since the LC never made it out here and I had sold my Heep Wagoneer before I left for Ontario, I've just bought an 85 4Runner to use as my DD as I continue to work on my 81 BJ. [I know it's not an LC but it is a Toyota so I only get half demerits right?

I have tried to return emails to all who emailed me and anyone who posted, but not positive I've gotten back to all of you, or possibly have gotten back to some twice. I apologise to both groups, and assure you I am now more than ever working hard to sell this thing. As I mentioned, the vehicle is currently parked in a monthly lot in Peterborough, Ontario. For those who want to take a look, the vehicle is on the ground level of a parkade between Simcoe and Hunter. The entrance and booth are located off Hunter. It is between George and Aylmer streets which run East West. The vehicle is locked and I have the keys and Head Gasket here in Vic, but can easily ship them overnight with the bill of sale.

For those who are wondering if the vehicle is registered in BC or Ontario, I don't know. It was registered and Insured last in Ontario. The vehicle portion of the registration was signed over to me along with a typed and signed bill of sale. I have been told that unless safetying and insuring the vehicle here in BC, I have to do nothing but hold onto the papers I have from PO. If I want to put it in my name in Ontario, apparently I need a UVIP and have to get an appraisal done etc... I have no idea why, and was never told this on the phone. No wonder I left Onterrible. Apparantly to sell it to anyone all I have to do is provide another bill of sale to the new Owner and include it with the Ontario registration from PO and the Bill of sale from them as well. Sorry for the novel, hope I have answered any questions. Feel free to email me though with any questions or suggestions etc...

decorcuera74@hotmail.com

Thanks again!

I just remembered I also have a brand new in the box with instructions 24v to 12v converter. Never been installed. Yours with truck!

interested in selling it?.......what maker and model?...interested.

I'll have to check.

Not sure off hand, it's up in the garage. Once I've finished my coffee I'll get dressed and head out there to find out and let you know. Although, I'd kinda like to be able to include it with the truck to help sweeten the deal.

Hobie, can the head be thrown on to drive it? I mean to get it to you in BC, So its cracked and burns coolant. No biggie to drive it on transport.

As long as it doesn't have to be pushed on it should lower the cost to ship.

IMOP I would re-install the fawked head and ship it to you. They only just fire them up and drive it 100 feet to transfer.

I have been around tractors with blown heads on transport, smoke like a basturd and just drive it on. Fix it at the destination.

IMOP get it to BC......

Smoke Like a Bastard is right.

I suppose in theory it could be done, and yes it would indeed smoke like a bastard. I just assumed that they would never even try to drive it with it like that. Basically had to mat the gas just to fire it up, and then insta smoke screen. I will pass that suggestion on to a couple of interested buyers who are looing into various shipping options. I am not sure about slapping it (the head) back on. First off, it wouldn't be me doing anything, but not sure about the ease of re-assembly. One buyer is looking into having the head shipped from Japan and then repaired locally in Peterborough. Anyone know a good diesel mechanic in Peterborough? Should I just recommend the dealership?

Also, does anyone have any ideas about who to contact re: possible flatbed moving of the truck? Should I recommend them to a towing company or shipping companies? One interested buyer is in Manitoba. Wondering what a flatbed rental would cost, can you rent a flatbed or is it usually owner/operator as well. When I looked into renting a uhaul vehicle trailer to tow it with my other BJ60, the website said my one BJ wasn't big enough to tow my HJ. I suppose that the surefire way to get it done it to rent a one-way for a Fullsize pickup and a 2 wheel towing trailer, and put the t-case in neutral. Hard to say how much it would cost, depending on where it was going, but it would get there. Anyone see any problems with this plan?

I am still not really looking at spending any more money on this, although I do have to pay for another month of parking. Any info is to pass on to perspective buyers really.

How much are you looking to sell your truck? Do you have pictures? I haven't got a chance to go & see it in Peterborough yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom