Anyone here know this FJ62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i sent him a note and asked if I could check it out for you.....that cool?

That's very cool, cause I'm in Iraq at the moment. I sent him a email asking a few questions and if I liked what I heard I was going to have my wife get it. She lives in Georgetown. Thanks

So you are not in Yuma still? Will you be coming back to South Carolina after your return? If so, would love to have you join us in a couple events. We have a another DevilDog or two in the club already....so we are equal opportunity bunch. :D :D

Rig in question

That's very cool, cause I'm in Iraq at the moment. I sent him a email asking a few questions and if I liked what I heard I was going to have my wife get it. She lives in Georgetown. Thanks

I know I have seen that rig on Craigslist in the past or Ebay and it was much much higer priced at that time. Ron when are you going to check it out would love to go with you. Another pair of eyes to help out our guy's in service you know!! Oh and USMCracing thank you for your service to us all. Some of us never forget that we are safe because of your service. Thanks again. :grinpimp:

whenever he gets back to me...or if he gets back to USMCracing.....I can pass my contact info that way.

I saw a clean tan 40 yesterday heading to dump looking like he was coming from Johns Island...guy about 55 driving....did not have time to turn around and chase him down. LOL

Well Yuma is a long story, I had orders to go back there but since me and my wife are both from Andrews, SC I decide to go to Beaufort. I would have rather went to Yuma but my wife didn't want to live that far away from our families again. I haven't been wheeling in over a year because my 4Runner's engine took a crap last Nov and I've had so much going on I haven't had the time to fix it. I'm going to swap a chevy 4.3 in it which I already have. I'll be driving the FJ62 from Beaufort to Georgetown for a few month after I get back, untill my wife move to Beaufort in Jun. She'll also be driving it time to time as well.

Thanks the help and support.

As an almost 62 owner, I'd be willing to go also. Let me know when you know.

I got his phone number going to call him tomorrow and determine best time to go visit the place. he is in West Ashley and took insurance off it a while ago while trying to sell...so does not drive it anymore.

When I get a time and date will post for you guys to meet me and proceed from there.

Okay....made contact with owner of LC today....I am going to give him a call Friday afternoon to drive over and check out the rig. He said it was a Utah raised FJ that the guy drove it from there to Charleston and sold it to current owner (they are buddies). He has had other Land Cruisers and is getting another...possibly a 62 with diesel engine that is in local area :D :D

If anyone wants to tag along and check out the rig and meet the guy as a prospective future member send me a PM with your phone number (already have David Benke's)... I am expecting to head that way around 3pm.... He is in West Ashley behind Geralds so we can meet right there in parking area where road runs between Geralds and the bank where everyone parks around 3:30pm.

USMCRacing-- anything specific you want checked specifically. It has a 2 inch lift...original styled brakes...so it stops like crap and handles terrible LOL....but other than that anything you want checked let me know.

Thanks, it's really cool of you guys to take the time to look at something for someone you don't know. The main thing I'm worried about is reliability and rust. I know that the Land Cruiser I6 is very long lasting engine. I owned a 91 Fj80 while I was stationed in Yuma, Az and had over 225k but still ran like a new one. Thanks again

Steven

alright...will check it out good. hopefully dbenke can go since he is a qausi mechanic LOL if not....i will give it a good look in the regular places for rust....check leaks around engine and cooling system....brakes...might even drive down street if he will let me even though insurance is off. Just to crank it over....

Will do a write up and take pics for you.....so give me an email or I will start a thread here and use this location.

That's a little early for me. I'll be working 'til at least 4:30 Fri.and spending all day on the Yorktown Sat. Christmas party Sat night. and getting ready for the parade Sun.

Friday

No go for me too working till 2AM that night. But if you all change it David's got my number will be heading in to Ladson about noonish Saturday if nothing chnages. LOL Doc

If next week

Off and working on the BT next week but could make a pre view if you don't do it today. Doc just let me know. :D

I went by and checked out the FJ62.....

Here is the run down...

1.245k on odometer
2.minor leak it appears on valve cover, likely original gaskets
3.tranny seemed tight as did differential
4.Warn winch worked but remote was lost this past year...cable is in good shape.
5.Some rust as expected on the FJ6X series...bottom of quarter panels but was bondoed and rhino lined as seen in pics....on fuel filler door...around back window and some on rear quarter panels.
6.Looks solid on frame, suspension and axles.
7.Slight tapping on engine...very light.
8.Vacuum lines appeared to be not very old, newer battery, might have slight leak in header gasket to pipe.
9.Tires are good shape....5 tires.
10.Radio face plate missing but has another to put in for radio if you dont want to do it yourself.
11. Electric windows work but are slow; door locks work
12. Drivers side rear door handle sticks...have to push handle in to reset door so it will catch.
13.Original interior...good steam shampoo would do wonders for it
14.OME lift kit...had him drive truck around yard...no squealing from bearings in wheels...no clunking or anything.
15.Tube bumper on back in good shape..some dents in it but not bad. Front is same..worn but good shape.
16.Started right up and seemed to run strong...could use tune-up..maybe new points and plugs would help.
17.Front windshield has 3 full length cracks

Good trail or hunting rig....with a little work and some personal touch so you know it better could be your daily driver but not sure would let my wife drive it daily. Good vehicle for running trails, driving to job for you, hunting and camping it appears.....but would want to get my hands dirty on her and do some personal discovery to make sure she was sound first.

346934835.jpg

346934862.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom