SOLD Sets of Vintage Open End Wrenches - Several Generations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dmamj

SILVER Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 25 Series
  2. 40 Series
At least thirteen different variations of wrenches have been made for Toyota since 1939. I believe six of those variations were included in Land Cruiser tool kits, from the first 20 series in 1955, to the last 40 produced in 1984. The six types of Land Cruiser variations are listed and offered below, along with a modern non-Land Cruiser set. They aren't complete sets, but are nice examples of each variation. From top to bottom:

KTC small TEQ logo wrenches (3 wrenches). These pretty rare wrenches were part of a 6-piece set included in Toyota trucks in the early to mid 1950s. I suspect (have never able to gather definitive proof), the first year 20 series had these in their tool kits as they rolled off the line. If anyone can substantiate this, please share. Believe it or not, there are actually two earlier versions of Toyota wrenches, but those are not listed here. $100 for the three.

Oval handle types (4 wrenches). These were included in Land Cruiser tool kits from the late 50s to early 60s. There were two other sizes offered (8x9 and 14x17). US domestic kits typically had six piece sets, JDM kits typically had the 5 piece sets (the 14x17 was absent from JDM sets). $45 for these four.

Recessed handle TOYOTA TEQ MOTOR (5 wrenches). These were the next generation included in mid to very late 60’s Cruiser kits. One other size was offered (21x23). $45 for these five.

Recessed handle TOYOTA MOTOR, no TEQ logo (5 wrenches) . The next gen is from very early 70s kits. Three other sizes were offered (21x23, 17x19, and 8x9), but the most in a single kit was six wrenches. $45 for these five.

Raised handle TOYOTA MOTOR, Nickel-Chrome-Vanadium or JAPAN on reverse (6). Follow me here. The small 6 X 7 was not included in any Land Cruiser kit, rather was available as a standard hand tool for purchase directly from Toyota. You can tell the difference between an in-vehicle tool and standard hand tool by the stamping on the reverse. In-vehicle wrenches were stamped NCV, whereas standard hand tool wrenches were stamped with JAPAN. The interesting 5 X 12 is actually an SST, part 09922-00010. So of these six, the four NCV wrenches were included in Land Cruiser tool kits. The later medium tool rolls held five wrenches of this type, and the missing size from this lot is 12x14. The early tool bags only had the 10x12 and 14x17 sizes. $45 for the six.

2 raised handle TOYOTA MOTOR, Special Alloy. These were included late 70s to the end of the 40 production in 1984. One other size was offered in this Special Alloy that I'm aware of (8x10), but the Land Cruiser only had the 10x12 and 14x17 wrenches included. $15 for these two.

5 modern raised handle TOYOTA. Never included in Land Cruisers, but figured I'd display and offer them here also. I'm not as versed with the more modern versions, so I'm not exactly sure when they first became available. I suspect in the 2010's. $45 for the five.

All prices include shipping. Separately they are $345. If you are a collector and would like to buy all, price is $300, but you'd have to respond before anyone else who wants one or multiple sets.

IMG_4243.jpeg
IMG_4244.jpeg
IMG_4245.jpeg
IMG_4246.jpeg
IMG_4247.jpeg
IMG_4248.jpeg
IMG_4249.jpeg
IMG_4250.jpeg
IMG_4251.jpeg
IMG_4252.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread