200 series picture thread (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0608.jpeg

Out in the middle of nowhere (Anza Borrego) and got an unexpected airshow for the better part of an hour. Both Thunderbirds and Blue Angels were training and possibly using our group as a landmark.

1708916579709.png

I recently attended my first King of the Hammers and participated in the Optima Unplugged event which was a 3 day EV or hybrid off road focused extravaganza that included trail rides, camping, music, entertainment and more. Optima asked me to give a presentation each morning before the trail rides focusing on fundamentals and next steps, so I gladly obliged with one condition - that I be allowed into the massive EV only event and camping space with my 200 series! It was a lot of fun to have the Cruiser camped out next to 50+ Rivians, 2 Cybertrucks, and a couple Lightnings, Kias, and Hyundais. Here was my presentation from the first day, and as you may notice one of my key slides about "The 4 'T's of Airing Down" prominently featured a 200 series on the Jumbotron :)

I recently attended my first King of the Hammers and participated in the Optima Unplugged event which was a 3 day EV or hybrid off road focused extravaganza that included trail rides, camping, music, entertainment and more. Optima asked me to give a presentation each morning before the trail rides focusing on fundamentals and next steps, so I gladly obliged with one condition - that I be allowed into the massive EV only event and camping space with my 200 series! It was a lot of fun to have the Cruiser camped out next to 50+ Rivians, 2 Cybertrucks, and a couple Lightnings, Kias, and Hyundais. Here was my presentation from the first day, and as you may notice one of my key slides about "The 4 'T's of Airing Down" prominently featured a 200 series on the Jumbotron :)

Couldn’t think of a better person to do this!

Is that just a safari snorkel with the head changed out? If so, can you share details of what you did? I prefer that head to the regular safari one.
Yes, is the Snorkel Upgrade pre filter attachment to the safari snorkel. I prefer it as well and does even more for filtering the air.

Guess this is my intro post. Found the forum when I started shopping tires (currently thinking either Cooper AT3s like I had on my Tundra, or just going KO2s again) for the '17 a week or two ago, and I'm kinda floored by the amount of data, builds and walk-throughs here. I've been kinda wanting to do some small modifications and stuff
for a while and just never got plans off the ground, but I'm reignited now.

Also looks like I've got an uncommon (or less-loved haha) maroon color, haven't seen many of these so far in the pic threads.

IMG_20240303_151554.jpg

Guess this is my intro post. Found the forum when I started shopping tires (currently thinking either Cooper AT3s like I had on my Tundra, or just going KO2s again) for the '17 a week or two ago, and I'm kinda floored by the amount of data, builds and walk-throughs here. I've been kinda wanting to do some small modifications and stuff

Also looks like I've got an uncommon (or less-loved haha) maroon color, haven't seen many of these so far in the pic threads.

View attachment 3572955

Fantastic color!

View attachment 3572955
Welcome! That’s brandywine mica and it’s by far my favorite color. What are your plans for using it? Looks like it came with custom wheels.

Welcome! That’s brandywine mica and it’s by far my favorite color. What are your plans for using it? Looks like it came with custom wheels.
Thank you! I like it, and I've seen a few pictures here of a dark green that's also really beautiful. Tough to beat the pearlescent white too.

And I always thought the wheels were Toyota, never really loved the center caps but they don't bother me enough to even figure out if they're a swappable part.

IMG_20240303_182203.jpg

I sold my Tundra recently after deciding I didn't really need 4 vehicles for 2 drivers. Now I'll use this for some short-range towing on a light camper (~3400 lbs).

Otherwise it'll be a backup vehicle, used for family road trips, and I do some camping by myself 6-8 times/yr. Main things I'd like to do are add boxes/drawers in back that will let me lay an air mattress across the folded-down 2nd row, maybe add roof rack/basket, and cosmetically I'd like to have all the chrome painted/refinished. I especially do not like the rear and window trim chrome.

View attachment 3572955
IMG_3078.jpeg

That maroon looks awesome in the sun. If you’re still on the fence on tires, I’m in love with the cooper at3 xlts. Feel amazing on the highway and I have to strain to hear them. I also like that they’re 5-6 lbs lighter than the ko2s.

View attachment 3573246
That maroon looks awesome in the sun. If you’re still on the fence on tires, I’m in love with the cooper at3 xlts. Feel amazing on the highway and I have to strain to hear them. I also like that they’re 5-6 lbs lighter than the ko2s.
Thank you for that! They look great too, and I really like the color of your wheels. My only hesitation on the AT3s was the LT designation in my needed size and my assumption they'll be a little stiffer ride, but that feedback from you makes me feel better about it.

I'm going to order up a set tonight, and I'm looking forward to replacing these KO2s which have been great but are definitely getting louder as we approach their end of life.

Thank you for that! They look great too, and I really like the color of your wheels. My only hesitation on the AT3s was the LT designation in my needed size and my assumption they'll be a little stiffer ride, but that feedback from you makes me feel better about it.

I'm going to order up a set tonight, and I'm looking forward to replacing these KO2s which have been great but are definitely getting louder as we approach their end of life.
Thanks! I’m really liking the bronze look so far.

Yes, unfortunately they only come in LT for my size (285/75/17).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom