Hello fellow Buckeyes! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been lurking and reading for a few months. I am in the Columbus area. Interested in joining and am looking for a diesel series 80 LC. The rabbit hole on this webforum is indeed impressive.
Lots of questions but the big one is………Maintenance.
Do you do your own or have a good mechanic?
Any particular websites that you like to find parts/upgrades etc….?
Any particular aftermarket shops/garages that you like or dislike?
Thank you.

Heard good things about D&R Motors on Hudson for Yota related work. Have not used them myself.

Welcome!

Welcome, for OEM parts I typically use Partsouq.com out of Dubai or McGeorge Toyota in Virginia. If I'm in a bind and need something quickly or an inexpensive part, I go to Tansky Toyota only because they're closest house (MSRP+ pricing). For aftermarket or hard to find stuff, Cruiser Outfitters (cruiserteq.com) is hard to beat.

Not sure who to recommend for maintenance on a diesel 80, but others may chime in. If you can't find anyone you're comfortable with in the city, Jim at Toyota Land Cruiser specialty parts - https://tlcperformance.com may be an option.

A diesel 80 (if you manage to find one) is going to be pretty unique in the area as they were never sold in the US and would have an engine that was never sold in the US in any other vehicle, unless you buy one that’s been swapped to a Cummins or something. Good parts suppliers listed above. I personally do all my own wrenching on my 80.

Thanks guys, great info. Still in the research process. I will check out the linked sites above.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom