For Sale Carmax 2013 LX / 42k miles / $46k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX570
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
https://www.carmax.com/car/22356773
Obviously not mine, just figured I share. Looks like a nice little 2013 with super low miles. 2-owner CA vehicle, clean Carfax. If I were looking for a mid-year 200 this would be a great find. $46k may seem like a lot, but in this market and with those miles it seems pretty reasonable.

Link

1663292606497.png

I just discovered this LX on CarMax today and it's now in El Paso. The description states they've replaced all tires to 'meet their standard'. Zooming in on the vehicle pics I noticed they've 'blurred' all the tire sidewalls. Wow. Is that standard practice for CarMax? I've also noticed a lot of 'texture smoothing' on the exterior areas. Geez.

Could have been reserved and shipped to El Paso - I think this is how the transfer process works. Seemed like a pretty good price / combo though for sure.

Too much black for West TX weather, if it was White with tan interior, I'll definitely will check it out. I can get it shipped to Lubbock for $199 to check it.

I tried to sell a late model vehicle to CarMax recently. I got the whole "the market is way down spiel" and an offer that was poor. Glad to see the whole market being down isn't affecting the prices of what they are selling just what they are buying. This is overpriced by a ways

I tried to sell a late model vehicle to CarMax recently. I got the whole "the market is way down spiel" and an offer that was poor. Glad to see the whole market being down isn't affecting the prices of what they are selling just what they are buying. This is overpriced by a ways
So what do you personally put the value at on this LX?

It doesn't matter how I value it, CarMax does not negotiate. If you are seriously looking for one (as I am for my wife) you can do better

I've been watching this one too. It showed up as reserved for a while when being transferred to El Paso, and now it is no longer. I can only assume someone looked at it, and elected not to buy it for whatever reason. The price seems on the high end of fair to me. So, par for CarMax IF the vehicle is really a good example. From the photos - it looks like it has potential save a few niggles like scratched center console, weathered headlights and a trunk carpet that doesn't seem to match. I'd guess it lived outside in CA sun with a trunk mat.

A small local higher end dealer has a 59k mile 2014 white/tan for sale locally for $52k for comparison. It appears to be in better condition. I stopped by to see it and was told 'the owner has fallen in love with it, and if you want it the price is not negotiable'. I'd have bought it at $45k and maybe even a little beyond. But not at $52.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom