Events/Trails Calling all Paddlers! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6EFDAC39-1119-4796-A3EF-AFB894FB78A2.jpeg

good deal if two people in the club are looking for a kayak or even if someone needs two

Nothing has closed where we were planning this and kayaking is an approved 'essential' activity under the outdoor exercise clause.... sooo

I'm planning on going this weekend if I have time. Saturday morning - short trip - probably start around 10 or so, pack lunch, end the day around 3 or 4?

Who's with me - send me a note and we'll take it offline.

Meanwhile, I'm still on for May 16th too.

Nothing has closed where we were planning this and kayaking is an approved 'essential' activity under the outdoor exercise clause.... sooo

I'm planning on going this weekend if I have time. Saturday morning - short trip - probably start around 10 or so, pack lunch, end the day around 3 or 4?

Im in for Saturday

Rain should bring the rivers up.

Sorry if I missed it in the thread. What are the locations for this Sat and for the 16th?

No definite route has been established. It will depend on timing/experience/number of people, but the Mayo and Dan Rivers - up by Madison and Mayodan (wonder why they named it that ;)) were the intended locations for both Saturday and May 16th.

We may just set a meeting point up there for the morning and then decide which river stretch to go on when we're grouped together (6 feet apart of course....)

There's tons of choices and as Hendog mentioned, the river should be getting a rise this week so the shallow areas may be better than usual..

No definite route has been established. It will depend on timing/experience/number of people, but the Mayo and Dan Rivers - up by Madison and Mayodan (wonder why they named it that ;)) were the intended locations for both Saturday and May 16th.

We may just set a meeting point up there for the morning and then decide which river stretch to go on when we're grouped together (6 feet apart of course....)

There's tons of choices and as Hendog mentioned, the river should be getting a rise this week so the shallow areas may be better than usual..

Are there some 1s and 2s sections or is it all flat?

Depends where you go - but it's mostly flat and some 1s

Did section "S" last time. Map says 10 miles. I mapped it on an app - and it's closer to 16 miles.

Ok, you virus infected skullywags, I'm officially all in.
Just returned from Waxhaw with a Liquidlogic xp9!
20200430_180718.jpg

We may all want to chip in on this.
Screenshot_20200430-214521_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200430-214521_Facebook.jpg

Will talk to the man with the candy van today and finalize the plan. So far it’s 4 or 5 people. Anyone else?

Me and my buddy Jacob might be in, I think a lot of y’all have met him. Might even get my dad in on it.

Me and my buddy Jacob might be in, I think a lot of y’all have met him. Might even get my dad in on it.
For tomorrow or for May 16th?

anyone else for tomorrow send me a note for the details.

Well my dad has to paint the house per my moms request. But jacob and I are gonna borrow something kayaks and come up with @HENDOG

What's the old saying? Red skys in the morning Sailors take warning???

In classic HENDOG style I just learned the used Kayak I bought for this trip has a weight capacity of 220 lbs --- I weight 250!!!
Send it!

20200502_062017.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom