My most recent trip to the hammers / Johnson Valley in my 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nukegoat

Should have bought a Jeep
SILVER Star
Threads
I thought the old girl did pretty good for a mostly stock rig.

We were there for about 6 days so we got to run clawhammer, sunbonnet, boulderdash, lower big johnson, upper big johnson, resolution, aftershock, turkey claw, wrecking ball, jack north, chocolate thunder, hwy 19 & 20, and spooners.

Skip to like 8:15 if you want to see me almost roll.

Last edited:
That’s like wheeling on Mars.

Can’t believe that it mostly stock on 40’s.

That's sweet but living in South Florida, I'd be scared of cutting my sidewall. This limestone down here will cut your junk in a minute, I can imagine y'all deal with the same.

You gotta a little door ding in your front passenger door. Might I recommend a good PDR guy?!

You gotta a little door ding in your front passenger door. Might I recommend a good PDR guy?!
Pretty sure someone hit me in the parking lot! Door still seals and window still works? Weird.

That's sweet but living in South Florida, I'd be scared of cutting my sidewall. This limestone down here will cut your junk in a minute, I can imagine y'all deal with the same.
I didn't know you have changing elevation in Florida

I didn't know you have changing elevation in Florida

It depends on how big of a Hoe you have. We changed it 60' over 564 acres. It was cold down low and I might mention wet too. :)

It depends on how big of a Hoe you have. We changed it 60' over 564 acres. It was cold down low and I might mention wet too. :)
LOL

Where's the tech? Send it to Chat.:flipoff2:

You ever been 60' down? It's cold down there. :) You appear to know about that digging out junk and being low in the hole. Have you worked that stuff or what?

Remember, my idea of cold is below 75*, not your average cold. :)

Great vid! Thanks for sharing!

To an AMC 4.0? It's probably a better motor than the 1FZ

Hahaha I had a '96 XJ. 4.0 is a great motor. However add another 2,000 lbs of the 80 along with the AWD running gear........that would be a new definition of slow.

Nice video, and props to you for taking an 80 thru sunbonnet, but let's be real, your s*** ain't mostly stock....

If I recall, isn't it on one ton axles with a custom built link setup front and rear with hydro assist up front?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom