windshield/roof rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

As the title line says, I have some rust on the top corners of the windshield.

this makes water leak in the cabin. What is the best way to fix this?

I think some welding is needed. Anyone know a good place in North Jersey area?

All bodyshops and fabricators seems to have too much business on their hands to want to get involve with the job? or give some crazy numbers to fix it! (like more than the car is worth..)

Thanks,
Sam

Marine grade silicone and fill the holes. Or roofing tar to fill the holes. Or Flexseal to fill the holes...depending on how big they are of course.

Lots of write ups on this, search windshield rust, I had the same issue as did many others, it’s usually from a bad windshield install at one time and will be much worse under the windshield. I had mine fixed for a little over $500 plus the glass shop charge to go out and r&r the windshield properly this time .the work was done by a trusted body shop who ground out the rust spots, sealed it then painted back to the sunroof.Windshield Leak and rust....you can do it yourself but the windshield has to come out , by grinding , then sealing , but you will need that area repainted.

I was pleasantly surprised that no welding was required to fix mine, which was pretty bad all the way around. It wasn't free, but the work was well done and very happy. Trust a good body shop and get it done right or you'll be bummed and stressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom