Envirocooler temperature control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,

So, even though the envirocoolers work great, it appears that the parent company was a little misleading on their literature. I have not found a way to make them warm, and there does not appear to be a way to adjust the temperature. Break/If there is and I am just too dumb, please post the instructions/

That said, the unit obviously has a temperature sensor and it seems like it would be somewhat simple to add in a rheostat to allow for temperature control. I am pretty handy with a soldering iron but I would probably break 2-3 units before I got it right via trial and error. Is anybody here a bit more electrically savvy? I am happy to pull my control board out and take pics but I am not sure I can figure out what to take out and what to add. I'd like to be able to use it as a freezer, but for the price I am tickled pink to have it as is.

Any thoughts?

-Dan

I don't have one but, I am guessing these are the 2 statements that are important to note.

Holds temperatures at 4 degrees C +/-2 degrees
Heats and cools making it the ideal year round solution

I think the heat part might only come into play when it is colder then 2 degrees C outside. just a thought.

I have one and I have also wondered about controlling the temperature since it did not come with a manual and I haven't been able to find one on the internet. My impression is that these were designed as medical transport units for transporting medical supplies and devices that required a steady, constant temperature, hence the 3 year duty cycle. I'm not sure they were built to be a freezer or a warmer but I'm the first to admit that I could be wrong. I'd love to have those features but I love the fact that mine just sits in the back of the truck and runs constantly making little noise and requiring very little power to do so.

I don't have a spare one, but I'm willing to contribute some cash to purchasing some to test it out.

Not sure that the technology used allows a lot of adjustability. I don't know a lot about Piston Sterling motors, but I would guess that whoever took on this task would have to do some research into them before any adjustment is made...

I don't have one but, I am guessing these are the 2 statements that are important to note.

Holds temperatures at 4 degrees C +/-2 degrees
Heats and cools making it the ideal year round solution

I think the heat part might only come into play when it is colder then 2 degrees C outside. just a thought.

Excellent point. It hadn't really occurred to me that one might need to transfer temperature controlled medical supplies into extremely cold areas.

Not sure that the technology used allows a lot of adjustability. I don't know a lot about Piston Sterling motors, but I would guess that whoever took on this task would have to do some research into them before any adjustment is made...
Free Piston Stirling Cooler: About FPSC

That link is from the manufacturer. It appears that the technology is more than capable of accommodating a variable temperature control--one of their products under "portable cooler box" has five temp settings--I am assuming that each button simply changes the input voltage to the PCB.

I am wrong.
Check out this video on YouTube:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom