Our $60 Pant Job (Wills Cruiser) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
Here is a pic when we first got the cruiser . My 15 year old son William and I started cleaning her up its been about a year now and yesterday we got busy with the paint . once we get everything bolted back on we will post more pics/
IMG010.JPG
DSCN1490.JPG
DSCN1510.JPG

finished

This took about 4 hours and 2 coats , 3 coats on the hood and fenders today i will get all the masking off and get the seat frame painted
DSCN1502.JPG
DSCN1506.JPG
DSCN1518.JPG

Looks Good!

Does Will still need the factory seat frame brackets? I'll be in your neighborhood next week and can drop them off so you can paint them.

that would be cool Dan, but i might end up using them on my seat upgrade LOL thanks

Rob,

William's car looks great, I really like the color. When is its maiden voyage? SnT????

Rob,

William's car looks great, I really like the color. When is its maiden voyage? SnT????

Yes SnT will be the big trip but i am thinking when i get the top on i just might have to drive it to work one day just to make sure everything is working ok.

Great father son job. That looks superbe!

wills cruiser

we got the paint at Ace Hardware here is another pic its ciming together Will has the roll bar painted and thanks to Dan (DAnimal ) he is painting new seat frames we have the soft top bows in adn its all coming together Thanks for everyones help SnT will be Williams first drive since he now has his drivers permit
DSCN1520.JPG
DSCN1521.JPG
DSCN1523.JPG

How did that paint gun work for you? Does it run on a 'normal' air compressor? How even was the coat?

How did that paint gun work for you? Does it run on a 'normal' air compressor? How even was the coat?

I ran about 40 psi thru the gun using my sears 90 compressor and yes a very even coat. i am very happt with the gun

does the red show blemishes or does the tone hide some imperfections?

thought about painting mine red but thought it would be too glaring for some minor bumps and dings on the metal.

You might want to put a windshield in that before he takes it to SnT.

Mrs Landcrusher909 amy appreciate it.

Got it Dan, SnT here we come

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom