For sale (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1989 FJ62
165K miles. Frame has some patches on it. The 4wd works. The AC works. New lower lift gate. New shocks, Skyjackers, extended shackles, and add a leaf.

$1,000.00 Firm. I would rather donate it to charity and use it as a tax write off than accept less then 1k. ;)
PM or email me if interested.

check your in box, there are a couple I am interested in but I have time on my side, so we will see what I can find. I am leaning heavily towards an fj80, if I could find a cherry 80 to 85 4runner w/ a 22re I'd be all over it, but nice ones are hard to come by. I would love to have an Fj40 but w/ a little one on the way, it just wouldn't be practical. :cheers:

If it was a 60 and my 80 had sold I would pick it up,
Still trying to sell my 80 back in SLC.
Dave

I was just slumming the 80 forum and saw your post,
FWIW,
I have my 92 fj80 with a coolant loss issue, failed clear coat and misc dents and scratches sitting in SLC. Has OME 2.5 suspension and arb bull bar and home brew rear bumper, Yours for 2500, Course it is on the wrong side of the country but the price is right.
PM me an email if you are interested.
If not no big deal, it is in the wasatch cruisers forum now, Next week it will go to the main mud page, and if still no love I will go to evilbay.
Dave

for anyone that cares my 80 maybe on the block soon

Edit,
I just read the post on Wasatch. It is a bit more than I am willing to tackle at the moment. I figure it would not be a safe drive from Utah in that thing and I think shipping the truck would be a little spendy. If it were in here in OHIO I would probably be interested, but it is 800 miles away. Thanks though.

When you say coolant loss issue, do you mean, it lost all of it's coolant and the engine blew, or it just has a misterious coolant leak, or did you mean, the coolant level goes down, with no pudlles as in a crapped out head gasket. If you got pics I'd love to see em. The 92 has the 3fe corret?

I was just slumming the 80 forum and saw your post,
FWIW,
I have my 92 fj80 with a coolant loss issue, failed clear coat and misc dents and scratches sitting in SLC. Has OME 2.5 suspension and arb bull bar and home brew rear bumper, Yours for 2500, Course it is on the wrong side of the country but the price is right.
PM me an email if you are interested.
If not no big deal, it is in the wasatch cruisers forum now, Next week it will go to the main mud page, and if still no love I will go to evilbay.
Dave

Last edited:
I had the head gasket replaced 2 years ago, Dieselcruiserhead here on the board sent it to his machine shop to be decked and to trued, at that time there was some issue with one of the vavle seats, That was repaired and the head gasket was replaced.
Since then It lost a little collant on long hauls but no milky in the oil, none under the cap.
I "sold" it to a freind who has since had some IRS issues and has not been able to come up with any of the $$, according to him last summer he had a trip were he was loosing a lot of coolant, Not sure if it is the coolant bypass hose or the head gasket again, The rest of the trucks issues are trivial in my opinion. If it does not sell I will be flying out and driving it home. The registration on it expired last august so aside from around the neighborhood driving it has not seen the highway since then. Oh and the 92 is a 3FE.
Not a big deal, Not a pushy salesman here, Just thought I would offer it up if that is what you are looking for.
Dave

I may buy an 85 mini truck. I really want a non IFS early 4Runner. We shall see. I am going to check out a white FJ80 this weekend. I tried finding Da Chronic on Craig's List but I guess that puppy sold. Just my luck.

There is kind of an odd 93 on cragslist in parma, Weird bumpers and what looked like a winch in front, But it had the magical locker switch.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom