Japanese TEQ Collectibles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mot

Threads
[UPDATED: 05/24/2010]New:Got another tool box listed on e-bay. I will post pics of it later on the last page! THANKS AGAIN!!

Had a "TEQ" sign that I had posted for sale a while ago and I've decided to offer some other TEQ stuff that I've been meaning to put up here for sale.:doh:

Here is the sign thread, btw:

TEQ Sign

The sign was sold shortly after my last post on the thread to a happy Mudder somewhere in the U.S.;)

ANYWAY, the second TEQ item that I'm offering are pencils...:hillbilly:

I was told that these are called "carpenter pencils" (Go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong!)

You can see the little "TEQ" mark and the Japanese characters saying "Toyota Motor Industry Corporation", followed by the pencil manufacturer's dragon fly Tombow logo.

Japanese Wiki says that "Toyota Motor Industry Corporation" was founded in 1937 and merged with Toyota Motor Sales in 1982 to become "Toyota Motor Corp."

So I venture to guess that these pencils were made sometime during that period (Probably closer to '82 than '37 though.:hillbilly:)

ANYWAY, I was able to secure a few of them and would like to sell them in sets of a dozen for $20, plus shipping. Or if you don't want a dozen, I would consider 1/2 dozen for $12, plus shipping.

[EDIT]
My wife has just told me that some people would probably rather buy 3, 2, or even 1, instead of 6 or 12.

So, I'm going to say $7.50 for 3, $5 for 2, or $3 for 1 pencil, plus shipping.:hillbilly:
[/EDIT]

If you get them at my asking price (for either 12 or 6) I will throw in a miniature Japanese 4x4 model that you have seen me give-away before (FJ60, Hilux, Trooper, Samurai, or Pajero(Montero)).

ANYWAY, I'll be putting more TEQ collectible/antique items for sale on this thread in the future, so please bother to check it whenever it gets a new post!

As always, thanks a bunch for looking!:crybaby:

Mot;)

PICT0029b.jpg
PICT0017b.jpg
PICT0021b.jpg

Last edited:
what else do you have? i'm always looking to add to my cruiser collection......

Mot please pm me the price and shipping for 2 of the red wood work pencils. Area code 91354.
-Randy

what else do you have? i'm always looking to add to my cruiser collection......
Don't hold your breath as I don't have anything that cool to offer.;)

I'll try to post the next item in the next couple of days.:hillbilly:

Ken,

PM sent right back at you!

Mot please pm me the price and shipping for 2 of the red wood work pencils. Area code 91354.
Randy,

Thanks for your interest!
Did you mean 2 dozen or two pieces (I was under the impression that you meant the latter).

Not sure if you've read the post on the quantity, but I'd really rather I sold them by the dozen (or 1/2 a dozen).

Please post or PM me and/to clarify!

THANKS!!

Mot:)

metal box

that metal box for sale too? that says toyota acc. let me know.interested:D. john

that metal box for sale too? that says toyota acc. let me know.interested:D. john

I guess anything is for sale at the right price.:)

I have been collecting some Toyota metal tool boxes, but have not come any other of this kind before.

That said, I would consider a reasonable offer over $35 on the "TOYOTA ACCESSORIES" box.

BTW, I reserve the right to consider what's reasonable.:hillbilly:;)

Here are some more pics of it.

PICT0006b.jpg
PICT0014b.jpg
PICT0008b.jpg

Some more pics

The tape measure is a metric one and although it's hard to make out what it reads because of the camera angle it's close to 17cm (or close to 7")

Please let me know if I can answer any questions!
PICT0035b.jpg
PICT0034b.jpg

Any smokers?

SOLD!!!

OK, I've also got an antique TEQ cigarette lighter for sale!:grinpimp:

I wanted to have one even though I don't smoke!

I've got it scheduled to have it on ebay starting later on tonight, so please watch for it and bid because it's a NO RESERVE auction!

Here is the link (Item #: 220273313520)

If you want it out right here on Mud I'm going to ask $55, plus shipping, but if you think that's WAY too much then press your luck on e-bay!;)

I'd love to put that as my reserve on e-bay, but I thought it might scare the potential bidders/buyers away, so I'm going to gamble here!;)

What happens to the e-bay auction "IF":rolleyes: some sorry sap on Mud decides to scoop it up for my asking price on Mud?

Don't worry, I happen to have more than just one, so I'll still be able to offer it for less for those of you who will be bidding!

BTW, after looking at the pictures some of you might be worried, but I'm willing to sell it to you even if you're overweight.:hillbilly: ;)

As always, thanks for looking and happy bidding!

Mot :)
PICT0014 MUD1.jpg
PICT0016 MUD.jpg
PICT0025 MUD.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take a dozen assuming we can arrange pick up at the Shinkansen next week...

I'll take a lighter as well assuming it's in good working condition. Again, assuming we can meet next week.

Last edited:
Even if all you can do is to come out of the train onto the platform while it makes a stop in my city I'll be there with the pencils and the lighter.;) If not, I can just send them to where you are staying. I'll set one aside for you.;)

The lighter has never been used, so you'll have to prep it in the same manner that you would other similar lighters (ala Zippo?). But it should work. If it doesn't I'll take care of it.;)

Let me know your itinerary when you know.

THANKS!

BTW, for the rest of you the lighter is up on e-bay with the starting price of $1 and NO RESERVE!
So please check the above link!

Toyota Banner

SOLD!!!

The title says it all.

This is a new banner that was supposed to be used at a Toyota dealership!:hillbilly:

You might recognize the "TEQ" going vertically, but/and the sign says "Toyota Used Car(s)".

I'm asking $30, plus shipping (About $5 to the US)>
Let me know if anybody would want it.;)

This, too, will be going to/on e-bay in a few hours... (No reserve)
Chances are you can probably pick it up cheaper than what I'm asking here, on e-bay. So if you want it either let me know here before someone places a bid on it on e-bay or win the auction!;)

e-bay page

Thanks, as always, for looking!

Toyota Used Vehicles.jpg

Last edited:
very interested

hey mot, i kinda like that banner more than the box, how much more to throw in a couple pencil and ship to U.S zip code 94565.

p.s pardon me for asking but just curious if you are a japanese national.

john:D

ARACO Watches

These watches were given out to ARACO employees several years ago.

The watches were designed by ARACO and manufactured by Citizen.
They're new in the box and therefore in perfect condition (Still has the clear plastic protective covers)

The box reads "Commemorative Gift" "ARACO Workers Union", or something like that.:hillbilly:

I'm putting them up on e-bay as well (as some of my items are currently) with the reserve of $500.

The Mud price is the same, but you'll get free shipping.

In the event, although I highly doubt it, but if the auction spirals out of control beyond my asking price on e-bay I would have to honor the auction. So if you want to buy it out right without any drama, please pay before it gets to that point.;)

Yeah, I know they're just watches, but they would make great Christmas presents for you and your sweetheart.:grinpimp:

Thanks for looking!

PICT0007bb.jpg
PICT0009bb.jpg
PICT0006bb.jpg

hey mot, i kinda like that banner more than the box, how much more to throw in a couple pencil and ship to U.S zip code 94565.

p.s pardon me for asking but just curious if you are a japanese national.

john:D

HOW DARE YOU THINKING THAT I'M JAPANESE!!! :mad:

You're right. I AM Japanese.;)

ANYWAY, $30 for the banner, $5 to ship, and I'll throw in three pencils for ya.

How does that sound?

BTW, thanks for your interest! :frown: :crybaby:

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself here! :doh: ;)

sold

i luv it mot,consider it done.paypal is ok right.just pm me your info where to send.i'll pm you the add.thanks a lot mot.

p.s pardon me for asking you this.since you are in japan any chance of finding some Mazinger Z and Voltes V stuff? i grew up watching those cool robots and also Daimos would be cool. :D:eek:

i luv it mot,consider it done.paypal is ok right.just pm me your info where to send.i'll pm you the add.thanks a lot mot.

p.s pardon me for asking you this.since you are in japan any chance of finding some Mazinger Z and Voltes V stuff? i grew up watching those cool robots and also Daimos would be cool. :D:eek:

John,

Do you have an e-bay account?

I've got a bidder now so I can't end it (and sell it to you) unless you become the high bidder (Is that right? I'm new to e-bay).

Let me know if you want to place your bid for more than the current bidder and see if I can end it early.

I gotta take off for work in a little bit, so I might not be able to do it in a timley manner after you place your bid. But considering it's just started, I doubt that the bidder has placed too high a bid.

Of course, you're welcome to try your luck on the auction and possibly even get it for cheaper than the price above.

Let me know what you think!

BTW, I'll be more than happy to check out the stuff that you've mentioned! I grew up watching some of those, too! (Not sure what's available though, but I'll let you know!)

You can e-mail me if you want so I can possibly send you pics of my findings, at: motoomi@yahoo.com

Let me know about the banner situation!

THANKS!!

Mot

John (and others),

Just so I don't look like a complete ass, let me clarify something:

When I had posted the banner here on Mud yesterday I had already set it up so it would automatically be listed earlier today. I was going to not get it listed if you (or anyone) would have given me a definite yes, but unfortunately didn't (We all have to sleep sometime!;)) before this afternoon.

ANYWAY, let me know if I can accommodate you with any of the ideas that I've mentioned above or anything else that I'm not thinking of!

THANKS!

Mot

Mot,
I am still interested in the pencils and the lighter. I will be taking the shinkansen Sunday evening from Tokyo to nagoya. I will also be taking the shinkansen back from Nagoya to Tokyo Wednesday morning. I got your pm so I think best situation would be to meet up on Wednesday morning(Sept 10th)?
-randy

can't find it

yes i do have ebay account,but i can't find it mot.are you sure it's on ebay (u.s)? please post a link for me to bid on.thanks again.:doh::doh: john

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom