Today I got about an hour on the creeper doing some CAD work for the next set of mounts. I managed to get them cut out just before dinner and this evening got them pretty much in formed up..
I'll probably have to drill a hole to get the brake lines through.. still figuring it out.
Ive got one to try and fit.. not sure if i can keep the exisiting flap. Having a flap release in cab would be nice.. im guessing with 180l and an estimated economy with the 15bft of 12l/100 , I should have about a 1500km range..
Test fit the BJ73 90L diesel tank..
Plenty of room.. I also have a large truck air tank I want to run (along with a 2nd battery) in the space in front of the tank. The tank out the rear also suits the body supports to mount the straps onto for the tank.
Got the rear most body mounts fabbed, painted and tacked onto the chassis,, rubbers are tightened up.
I basically cut the top off the rear most 80 body mounts so i could use the rubber and fabbed a new lower section that kinda outboarded the body mount..
I think ive got all the body mounts sorted in my head using existing holes. Ive got 1 extra set due to the bj73 floor.. i reckon i can mod the body mounts to work on those that sit above the chassis rail.. the bj73 chassis is still providing.
80 mounts and rubbers
Front bj73 mounts will work...
Not sure how much was moved .. just shuffled things around till it looked good by eye.
Body is centered on the chassis.. ive got some equal length bits of angle tacked on the inside of the sills at A and C pillar that keep the body in position while i make other adjustments.
The rear x member...