tortillas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no I dont but the masa yooper posted in the tamale thread could be used....I have seen them use the same masa(dough) for gorditas as well

corn are much better in my opinion.....put some butter and sliced avocado on a fresh corn tortilla with some salt....good stuff....good with soup..

Both are great if your have a local tortilla factory stuffed with beautiful plump hispanic ladies who belt the norten~o music like pro's..:cool:

Grocery store stuff is crap, more like cardboard. These gals use real lard!

Liam, the avi has got to go.....

Just lost my appetite:frown:

I used to love flour but lately I am digging the corn ones, so much more flavor.

Traditonal thick corn torts are wonderful, there is a local place that does Indian corn ones in 8" diameter, good stuff.

not quite the same as making them at home, but the Fred Meyers in the Hawthorne District (Portland) after the remodel makes them fresh in the deli. Pretty tasty when they are hot and fresh.

not sure if you guys can get this where you live but good for flour and corn...
img097.jpg
img098.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think there are two kinds of masa harina -- one for tamales, and one for everything else.

There are a lot more than two.

But you are correct for the store bought masa, the stuff for tamales is a bit different than the regular tortilla flour.

Can anyone recommend a good tortilla press? My mother bought me one at Mexican grocery store, which we don't have here. It was scary, looked like it was spray painted silver, was really badly made out of horrible pot metal. It broke the first time I used it.

Should I go with cast iron or aluminum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom