Stratton 8/30-31? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
Anyone else thinking about this?

Toyota Trail Challenge

Looks like a non-intense way to take the girls wheeling, without overdoing it (in their opinion ;) ).

Last edited:
Jim,

There's also an event the last weekend of August on the 30th and 31st. It is the Trail Teams Invitational and they are doing some short expedition runs on both days along with some other stuff. 3 levels of trails. We'll be heading up for that. It is free and the Trail Teams are having lunch both days I believe. Sign up is on the Toyota site but there is also a link to the registration through Stratton's website. Looks like some fun.

Sheri

Sheri, the TT is the one I was thinking of, I picked up the wrong dates from one of those sites. Free is for me. :D Labor Day weekend may be hectic, but I'm planning on Saturday.

only 25 miles from my house----but i have a wedding

Im planning on tryin to make it to the TT wheel at straton.

I signed up for Sunday.
Looks like fun!

lane

I will be there with familly at the long trail and in my 42! I signed sat at mod 9:00 and sunday hard 8:00.

Do I need a rig to attend or can I drive an FJ with the TT? :)

I think we're going to ride up and check it out tomorrow. Picking up that laserjet from Rick and any excuse to see Toyota's wheeling is good enough for me.

They said driving their stuff was on a first come basis.

Back from Stratton, got to chat witha number of YT'ers, Tim & Rick had just come back, the Beckers were heading out. LOT'S of FJ Cruisers there. :)

I hadn't preregistered so I couldn't join a trail ride until later and we had to get back and pick up our son so we checked out the FJC obstacle course, Sara wouldn't even ride along but I drove through it, it was fun. :)

The FJC continues to impress me... maybe someday.

Had a good time up there today! Saw the Sheri and Ernie while they were waiting to head up the Mtn.
Talked with Woody a bit and had to endure his "he can't drive" sh*t most of the morning.
Also talked with Chris Nelson from the trail team. Chris is a friend of Wally's and Jon Rutherford who came
to the FG about 4 years ago. (the rainy one) . He was driving a diesel 40 geared low and just crawling
over everything. He said that he'll be joining us this year with Jon.
Took the beginner trail up the Mtn which was scenic! Sat in on Chris' talk on vehicle recovery, then drove
an FJ on their obstacle course. (has me thinking too Dave!) Totally different from driving the 40!
Trail team treated us to a very good lunch up on the balcony while we listened to a live blues band!

Some nice looking FJ's there in the parking lot, I really liked the look of the TT 4 door Tacoma, looks
like it could be a good base for an expedition truck.
1t.JPG
2t.JPG
3t.JPG

I didn't have a chance to go meet you guys, i wasn't probably around. I did talk to (forgot is name) owner of one of the 40, that was parked and the demonstration park. I may see you at the FG.

I didn't have a chance to go meet you guys, i wasn't probably around. I did talk to (forgot is name) owner of one of the 40, that was parked and the demonstration park. I may see you at the FG.
I saw your rig on Sunday and was hoping to bump into you.
We probably walked by each other a dozen times!
Nice looking 40!

Lane

I saw your rig on Sunday and was hoping to bump into you.
We probably walked by each other a dozen times!
Nice looking 40!

Lane

You were in the 40 with the tube doors? if so i parked next to you when you guys were gone doing the difficult run. That was saturday, didn't see your rig on sunday tho.?

You were in the 40 with the tube doors? if so i parked next to you when you guys were gone doing the difficult run. That was saturday, didn't see your rig on sunday tho.?

Nope, that wasn't me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom