hello (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. I just joined today because I love all of the input from everyone. I own a 1986 FJ60 (as one might gather from my display name) and a 1984 Toyota pickup. I live in El Paso, TX and am currently doing the student thing thus can't afford most of the things that i want/need to do to my cruiser!:crybaby: Someday though, I will complete the cruiser of my dreams.lol

Cheers, Colton

I'm in the same boat as you....it just sucks being a college student and trying to fix up the Cruiser. It takes a lot of patience but it's worth it.

Yup, and until i get the funds, i'll just have to cruise a stock cruiser. which still beats the hell out of most other 4x4's ;p

Last edited:
Welcome..

Keep a eye out in the classifieds on here and online for good used parts if you need anything.

I live in El Paso, TX and am currently doing the student thing thus can't afford most of the things that i want/need to do to my cruiser!:crybaby: Someday though, I will complete the cruiser of my dreams.lol

Cheers, Colton

Know how you feel. I had cruisers all six years of law school, and could never afford the cool tyres or any suspension lift or winch or whatever... It's just lately, when I've started working, that my HJ 60 gets what it deserves:) (and my previous LJ70 is in good hands, and has seen more modifications in the last year than the five years I owned it put together)

That gives me much hope. can't wait to show the 60 some respect!

Doing the student thing as well and feel the pain of having zero money. But I've found that through Mud many deals can be found. You just have to be patient. Also checking ebay isn't a bad idea. The Ironman suspension's a lot of us here scored turned out great and super cheap. I would have never known about their availability at the time if it wasn't for Mud.

Pick a profitable profession, I'm done with school, getting paid decent, but then I'm paying back the gov't so the cruiser is still stock

And 86 is definately the best year! Welcome to the forum

Whats up!! I was stationed there so I feel for ya. But there is some good mudding when it rains. Been out to pole line road or Mcgregor range?

No i haven't. i usually go out to the dessert out in santa teresa, and some short trails that go up the mountain. theres also a trail near frainklin high school we call 'middle earth' its fun because it's a rain resevoir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom