I think I found a diamond in the rough. The undercarriage/frame is prettier than the body.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive been looking for a while and came across the gem....as title states, frame/undercarriage is prettier than the body...NO RUST..look for yourself
Tell me your thoughts....

Paint is trash on the front..maybe rhino line it???

300+k miles
Cold A/c
no dash warning lights
everything works except the sunroof.
Rear locker works
Shifts smooth
CV boots looks ok
original window sticker and manual.
Oil has been routinely changed, found some of the older oil change window stickers, including the most recent one on the winshield.
seller has owned it for 10 yrs, per title.

Needs timing belt service and new shocks and possibly valve cover gasket.
Power steering pump maybe.
Needs tires.
Radiator replaced 2 years ago along with all front ball joints.

IMG_9773.JPG

IMG_9775.JPG

IMG_9784.JPG

IMG_9780.JPG

IMG_9786.JPG

Last edited:
Nice find! What are your plans for it?

👍

Im not sure.........I really want a 470...but I just happened to see this and jumped on it...I'll probably change all the fluids, and do the needed maintence and then re-vist if I really want a nicer LX470...not really sure as of yet.

I will let you know once its in my possesion...
Just for kicks and quaratine bordemn, what do you think is fair?
Not sure but I paid 8500 out the door but i need but I need to get common crossmember section welded and a small section above the windshield sanded and painted. Monday I will verify my assumptions are correct atleast and 300 to get it delivered and I still need to register it but aside from that routinely dealership maintained and intererior super clean.

I’ll guess $1800, Bob.

Not sure but I paid 8500 out the door but i need but I need to get common crossmember section welded and a small section above the windshield sanded and painted. Monday I will verify my assumptions are correct atleast and 300 to get it delivered and I still need to register it but aside from that routinely dealership maintained and intererior super clean.
Parts car - $1500.

Parts car??? even with a undercarriage and frame cleaner than yours???

Undercarriage looks good but the paint is gone beyond saving. Remove the fender flares and take it to Maaco to get a quick cheap paint job for it and it'll look like new, for a few months at least until it starts flaking off.

Undercarriage looks good but the paint is gone beyond saving. Remove the fender flares and take it to Maaco to get a quick cheap paint job for it and it'll look like new, for a few months at least until it starts flaking off.

what about rhino lining it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom