OEM Rear rotors - KZJ78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Looking for OEM rear rotors for my KZJ78. Same part number as the LJ's (4243160190) and there are Napa numbers available on this thread.

I have OEM pads coming in any day now but haven't been able to source the disc's.

Local Toyota stealership parts guys are real jerks as well ... Don Valley North Toyota.

If you were down here in NZ you can get after market ones for $50 NZD each.
No idea the best place to get them all the way up there.

Not sure about Canada or that other place below you.

These guys in the UK have them. http://www.bettaparts.co.uk/
An Italian Co LPR make some P/N BD1008V (from catalogue)

if it is the same as the LJ78,bring your old rotor to your local parts store,they are the same as the FJ cruiser and 4runner,l just don't remember what year,1999 or 2001??,and they are about $60 each.same as HZJ77.
simon
TLC winnipeg

and you can get the rear brakepads at your local parts store too,they are the same as 1993 80 series rear pads,cheap cheap.
Simon

Oh, now you're giving away all my secrets...

~John

sorry john,l thought no one else know that,l found out by going to different part stores with the rotors,some are more helpfull than others.
simon

Tricks of the trade are the gems of DIY.

Thanks gentlemen!

sorry john,l thought no one else know that,l found out by going to different part stores with the rotors,some are more helpfull than others.
simon

I went through the progressive size charts on one of my supplier's websites. Didn't take too long to get it figured out as I had suspected that Toyota recycled these parts in other models.

The only difference with the FJ Cruisers discs are the holes for slacking the parking brake adjusters are different - but that's no big deal.

~John

Installed the OEM FJ Cruiser rotors (part number: 42431‑60201) Saturday with OEM pads for the KZJ78 per toyodiy.com ... fit like a glove. Even the hole for adjusting the parking brake lined up no problem.

One interesting thing however ....

Passenger side was severely more worn than the other and I didn't take if for much. But with the back end off the ground, new rotors and pads in place I started her up and put it in gear - only the right side was spinning ... not the left. By hand both sides seemed to spin easily and the parking brake was adjusted to tight then backed off the same amount. Is this something to be concerned about and could it be related to the uneven wear on the pads?

I know that when braking in the snow (before the brake job)I would constantly pull to one side, don't recall exactly which side right now. Is that related at all?

Like I said to Crushers the first time I met him .... I was a wrench monkey for my father as a kid and know my way around a vehicle but I have more questions than answers. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom