HVAC Line Rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FamilyCamera1113.jpg

FamilyCamera1112.jpg

I noticed this rust along the bottom tube and was wondering how easy it would be to replace, whether other people have noticed this, etc. I believe it's either the suction tube, part of the refrigerant line going to the rear HVAC unit. Does it require special expertise/tools to disconnect, drain and reconnect such a line? I would prefer to fix it if it's as simple as getting a replacement line and doing it myself.

Also, it appears to me that water drips from the A/C drain tube onto these tubes and that is the cause of the rust, but then wouldn't everyone notice this? I wonder if extending the a/c drain tube down below these lines or out further in front of them would solve the problem moving forward? Any other ideas?

I may just do that. Have you ever tried the rust converters - do they work well? Cause that would be even easier.

Are they carbon steel? If you're not sure, then I wouldn't use a rust converter. A brass wheel, followed with some Rustoleum Primer and High-heat Spray Paint.

I WOULD TAKE IT TO THE Dealer and have them replace the line. The paint should not flake off like that. Yes modifying the drip line should be step 2. This is not a 'safety related' recall item, but may be a TSB item or will become 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom