Would you buy this one? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Screen shot
image-3212819590.jpg

Insane price for that truck IMO.

This 40 just sold at the "buy it now" price of $14900.

Poor bastid. If that's a $15K truck, mine must be worth $50K. :rolleyes:

I think I am going to be rich, all I need to do is my pathetic patching, or paint the rust HOLES then put a shinny paint job on it and sell it for 14K. For that price I always thought all the panels need to look good and no visible patches, guess I was wrong.

I think I am going to be rich, all I need to do is my pathetic patching, or paint the rust HOLES then put a shinny paint job on it and sell it for 14K. For that price I always thought all the panels need to look good and no visible patches, guess I was wrong.

I was just thinking the same thing. Patch a few holes, quickie paint job and PROFIT!

Overspray is expensive these days:rolleyes:

It got bid up to 10K before someone did the buy it now, 8 bidders and the guy that did the but it now did not even bid, so several people were willing to pay 9K or higher. More pictures there, looks like it already has rust bubbles on the driver side door sill, and just over the rear passenger rear well, and it looks like the fenders might be welded to the body, could be a seam sealer photo is not good enough. Inside was not repainted. Nice looking cruiser, but I would be afraid to see it in a year. Hope for that guy it is not as bad as I fear.

Sea Knight said:
Poor bastid. If that's a $15K truck, mine must be worth $50K. :rolleyes:

Sea Knight - I've been enjoying your thread! Keep on writing - please! I've got a brother in law in San Antonio. Maybe I can find a decent 40 near one of you and have it delivered to Louisville...?? That area seems to produce less rust.

That firewall pic with the terrible overspray remnants, and the two underside of the floor pan tell the story.

This was a respray and flip. Maybe some new seat covers at best. You can see where they did a quick patch job to the floor with the body on the frame and were probably too hurried to grind the welds under the truck and or could not get to it because they did not drop the gas tank. That's what floor mats are there for right!?

It will probably fetch 10-15k on fleabay. Someone will really enjoy the trick, because it look good on the outside. They probably won't see signs of rust bubbling for years in the right climate.

MUDbook value is probably somewhere between "run away" to 6500 because it looks pretty complete despite the rust. A truck with most of the parts and a top really does have a value despite any hidden rust.

I you just want a weekend truck to enjoy with the family an get tons of compliments, that's a good truck.

It's funny, because MUD tends rate trucks the way guys rate movie starlets and pop singers. "nah man I wouldn't hit that!"

Sea Knight - I've been enjoying your thread! Keep on writing - please! I've got a brother in law in San Antonio. Maybe I can find a decent 40 near one of you and have it delivered to Louisville...?? That area seems to produce less rust.

Thanks, on the thread I mean. We have a number of 40's in central Texas, particularly in Austin, and they do occasionally go on the sale block. I don't know as much about the San Antonio market. When you get ready to start looking in earnest, let me know and we'll put the local guys on alert for a worthy truck.

Delivery to Louisville....I think I know a guy who'd handle that for you. :grinpimp: :beer:

back on ebay.....

this 40 is back on ebay. apparently the first buyer "accidentally hit the buy it now" button, and then could not get financing. my bet is he went to get it and backed out.

i emailed about it, not really sure if it is a repaint, looks original but dont want to mislead, etc.

I don't know, might be a decent truck beyond what we can see, but I wouldn't want to gamble with over 10K.

lipstick on a pig

if you want a stock 40, look for a south west one with sun burned stock paint and restore it by yourself ,its fun and you learn new things

if you want to lift it and modify it , you are better to look for one that has been allready modify with good parts (lift, lockers, bumpers and more) and make it the way you want it , and you will learn new things because you will need more and its never gone be finish:D

you would end up re doing the truck anyhow .i would look for something in better shape for that kind of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom