Saving The Old Rustbucket--My 1982 FJ40 Tale (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm debating on going to LSLC Roundup, or to go to Clayton, OK this March. I started reading this story many months ago, and I'm dying to hear the other half. If you're going to be there, I'd be willing to transcribe the finale, and post with your approval. I just want to know what happens as does 95% of the people reading this, that may never have the privilege to meet you.

Spotted in Houston.

Perfect with my bacon and eggs for breakfast.

ForumRunner_20140126_111842.jpg

ForumRunner_20140126_111853.jpg
ForumRunner_20140126_111842.jpg
ForumRunner_20140126_111853.jpg

Last edited:
Bump for another chapter!

Commander, thanks for a great read. I wrench on an FJ60, but stumbled into the 40 forum looking for something interesting to while away the time.. This fit the bill perfectly, thank you. As such, I've got a simply spiral notebook now living in my rig (who we call General Shenanigans), just to keep track of things and adventures.

If you ever find yourself near Eagle, CO, the coffee and beer are on me. Don't be afraid to look me up!

- Randy

I had the existential experience of meeting and tipping a few with Sea Knight himself, along with the raucous and ever entertaining Austin crew, this past week at LSLC round up. Even heard a few verses from upcoming chapters (No! No! I exclaimed with my fingers in my ears, I don't want to hear about the naked woman! :eek:). Being so blessed after traveling the 800 miles to Mason, I feel obliged to let the dedicated subscribers know that more should be on its way soon. I'd like to think my wife's description to him of me crying each night after being on Mud will be enough to get him going, but really I think he has a couple chapters ready to go and has just been building the suspense for everyone. :clap:

Mark

Yep, Lee has some stuff in the works...he's a busy man though. Spring is here, new life is coming forth.

I'm telling ya....I have classified turtle pics from his future stories

Standing by Lee

I'm telling ya....I have classified turtle pics from his future stories

Standing by Lee

It is hard being sworn to secrecy on things like rust bucket post-restore pics!!

Eagerly awaiting a new turtle chapter here too.

:hmm:Hhuuummmm, It's been a long time Commander Lee, for sure it has something to do with these Zinger girls :worms:

Well, if at the end of the next chapter he quotes Gun Street Girl, we'll know where he's been :D

I too am anxiously awaiting future chapters. Sold my 79 last summer but I've been working on putting a 68 back together for a friend's mother. I had to laugh today when sorting through the rats nest of 40 plus years of hack wiring I came across the horn switch. A doorbell pushbutton.... Where have I seen that before?

The suspense is killing me!!!!

Can't wait for more adventure :steer:

listening to Townes Van Zandt right now . . .

Lee,
Thought I would nudge this thread along with a sincere thank you for your service and contributions to our nation and community. There are many of us in this thread that have been touched by loss during our own service or have a family member, friend, or buddy that is no longer with us. Your thread has helped many of us look for a deeper meaning to our life and their loss. Hope all is well with you and the Mud family during this time of remembrance.

With great respect,
Russ

Nudge.

I see your nudge and raise you a nudge. Maybe he's running low on Moose Drule.

Wow such an incredible read..I've read everything this weekend and was probably the best weekend I've had in a good while!...I'm in the 80s section love cruisers from playing with an fj40 hot wheels(of some sort yeh I'm only 22), to purchasing an fj cruiser and now I have an 80. I'm so glad I decided to do some "research" on looking to buy a 40 some time down the line. I can't wait for more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom