Remove Heaters permanently? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking of removing the heaters permanently. I'd like to free up space in front cab to maybe install speakers in the front where heater was. I will only be driving this FJ40 with bikini top so figure heaters are pointless.

Has anyone done this, bad idea?

Also has anyone installed speakers in the floor center? Looked around but didn't find anything.

Thanks

When I was in Florida I ran without a heater for over 10 years. I have since moved and debating how where to put a heater back. I still have all the stock parts, just not sure I want t shuffle stuff around for the stock blower and core versus getting a more compact solution and putting it under the seat.

Sweet thanks. Figure didn't hurt to ask and could find anything googling it so your welcome future person now you know.

Heaters are finished say hello to flea bay. Just need to figure out best way to install speakers where heaters where. Seen a couple setups but just pics no explination.

Check your in box for a conversation. Interested in your rear heater tubes from the firewall to the rear heater. Let me know.

I have mine out for the summer (I am rebuilding the front one and the rear has been replaced by a con-ferr tool box). It does add quite a bit of space up front. Just check with the local regs like stated above. Also, if you need one and want some more space vintage air makes a smaller unit that actually has real heat controls (not just hot and hotter). It also takes up less space. One of the guys in my local club is adding one to his 40.

Who is adding a vintage air? I'd like to go check it out. My stock heater has never worked well. I am always looking for replacement options.

I think it was Tim if I remember correctly. Green 40 (which there are a ton of us now, best color too haha) post 76 with a 4" lift I think. Tony pointed it out to me. Cool setup. I'd like to see it when its installed

Mine came with no heater and I don't miss it. I've driven in temps down to the 20's and the engine/exhaust throw enough heat to take some chill off.
I figure that simple is good. But then again, I have no radio either. Headphones to my iPhone provide better sound than speakers are likely to in these trucks.

My 1970 was never equipped with a heater. I also keep a rag on top of the tool box so I can reach it for wiping the windshield. Of course mine didn't come with windshield wipers either but I did retrofit the single speed, switch on motor, boat wipers, they sort of work.

Hey bikersmurf. I did not know that lol. I have my heater in and use my blower defogger feature. But for some reason I have not hooked up the Heater tubes Yet. Haven't had heat in my rig for the past 5 years.
But will be hooking it all up this year going to head down to surf-n- turf this year.

Check your local laws... Defrosters are required here by law.

I never hooked up my heater core out of laziness. My header puts off plenty of heat and I just wear a big military coat on 30 degree days. Its fun and reminds me of when I was a kid.

I also have my rear heater tubes if anyone needs the 78+ specific tubes.

I too have thought about putting speakers there.

have removed mine years ago, gives a ton of room and leg room for the back passengers with a foward facin bench seat,

At the motor. More sano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom