land cruiser reliability (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Direct link to study for all makes/models listed: http://tradeinqualityindex.com/

the toyota land cruiser is the only one that I could find (although I didn't go through every one) that was 100%. This is an index of used vehicles

toyota land cruiser

Toyota_52.gif

Toyota_53.gif

Toyota_56.gif
Toyota_55.gif
Toyota_57.gif

Toyota_48.gif

They suck. Go buy five Jeeps.

:flipoff2:

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Here's some more info from that site on the Land Cruiser.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429400215.157027.jpg
And here's how to read the graph.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429400240.121190.jpg

Great find!!! My heep buddy will hate this :)

honestly, my totally boring Mitsubishi minivan bought new in '92 clocked to 190K miles until 2012 without requiring much more than maybe $3000 in repair costs in its lifetime with me (not counting brake pads, oil changes, mufflers and such, and the occasional winter undercoating treatment) - it's still running around town for someone else - the only reason I sold it was to make room in the garage for the 80 :meh:

along the same vein: the only problems my '90 Miata (bought off a New York City lawyer in '92) suffered over the years (except from the electric windows failing after 10 years) were from extended periods of not driving it, like master cylinder leakage on brakes and clutch - and weak battery :doh: (and yeah, it's developed that notorious pain flaking problem, too, about 2 years ago - which is years later than most others have experienced)

the points of this post being: 1) there are good quality vehicles produced by non-Toyota manufacturers as well (disclaimer: all the vehicles I ever personally have owned were/are non-domestic products :oops:) - and 2) there's a lot to be said for paying attention to maintenance and noises :doh:

T100s also got 100%

To me, it seems like you guys are loners. Anti social type people.
I, on the other hand, am a very sociable person. I know everybody at the BMW dealership by the first name. I can also tell you stories about what their kids are like.

Last edited:
I, on the other hand, am a very sociable person. I know everybody at the BMW dealership by the first name. I can also tell you stories about what their kids are like.

When I had my Audi A4 I got to know the service guys pretty well. When I got my S4 I got to know some of the sales people personally. When I got my RS4 I was no longer invited to weddings but as a joke they had a car lift named after me since it was there the longest out of any of their other cars.

:lol:

too bad you hate Bavaria

as far as VW products: my 5-cylinder Passat was a fantastic car - that was after the entire exhaust aft of the firewall had fallen off and was replaced - never any problem after that for some 4+ years :meh:

I loved that car and would drive it again any minute - totally practical, and damn fast :hillbilly:

When I had my Audi A4 I got to know the service guys pretty well. When I got my S4 I got to know some of the sales people personally. When I got my RS4 I was no longer invited to weddings but as a joke they had a car lift named after me since it was there the longest out of any of their other cars.

I think I'll name my car (not the 80) Jesus, because I didn't see it for 40 days being at the dealer at one time.

Last edited:
Wait a minute.
Didn't you get to drive a bunch of loaners?

Did Toyota ever offer you to drive brand new cars every so often? I don't think so.

I got so many loaners I even wrote reviews on them. 3, 4 and 5 series.
Best car in the world. There was a time when I had a brand new car in front of my house every two weeks.

Where else can you do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom