Code 71, 1992 Land cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the correct resistance of the EGR temp sensor when cold? I get 0.24 megs. It was a split year, mine appears to be the early one. Toyota # 8941250010.

I did the diagnostic flow chart. California model. The VSVs , EGR valve, EGR vaccum modulator, all check out.

What is the correct resistance of the EGR temp sensor when cold? I get 0.24 megs. It was a split year, mine appears to be the early one. Toyota # 8941250010.

I did the diagnostic flow chart. California model. The VSVs , EGR valve, EGR vaccum modulator, all check out.
1698096139166.png

Well there you go. Mine is messed up. I ordered another one at a chain parts store. I will check theirs before I install it.

Mine was not messed up. The new one track exactly the same as the old one. The resistance at 50C and 100C are spot the specs on for both old and new.

Is there any point is using the new sensor?

I would pull the 15 amp EFI MAIN fuse for about 5-10 minutes to clear the codes and basically "reboot" the ECU. This will clear any stored codes and force the ECU to "relearn" all the sensors. Let's see if the code persists. Remember, 1986 technology.
You should notice the idle speed increase when you start the engine. After 2 or 3 drive cycles it should settle back down to 650 rpm.

FWIW, anytime I do any work under the hood like sensor replacement, or even just a simple tuneup, I always remove that fuse, both on a 3FE and 1FZFE. It's a good practice IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom