assist straps and grab bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone put assists straps or grab bars over the doors of their FJ, utilizing the existing mounting wholes for the roof?
If so, can you tell me where you got yours so I can get them as well?
Thanks

Angelo
Picture 050.jpg

Offensive bezel alert!

Here is an old school picture of what I did years ago. Not sure how structurally sound it was but it worked fine for me for 5 years. Add a mounting plate to the roll bar and attach a bar to the visor attachment points. It was removeable and worked with the top on or off.
1970 Land Cruiser 011.jpg

Offensive bezel alert!

Here is an old school picture of what I did years ago. Not sure how structurally sound it was but it worked fine for me for 5 years. Add a mounting plate to the roll bar and attach a bar to the visor attachment points. It was removeable and worked with the top on or off.

Love the 11th Cav Plate. I had 17th Cav on my Taco States Side. Had it on 5 other vehicles Forward!!!! Lol:hillbilly:

Rob

Has anyone put assists straps or grab bars over the doors of their FJ, utilizing the existing mounting wholes for the roof?
If so, can you tell me where you got yours so I can get them as well?
Thanks

Angelo

I have no pics but I got mine from an 82 Troopy a friend restored. Unfortunately the holes did not match but they work great especially for the:princess: and I found grab straps at ACE Hardware here and put them on my OEM roll bar for rear passengers. They too work great.

Rob:hillbilly:

COLOR=lemonchiffon

Has anyone put assists straps or grab bars over the doors of their FJ,

1) lemon chiffon? Really?

B) Stop calling it an FJ.

I will head down to Ace and see what they have. I don't have an Interior roll bar, mine's an FJ45.
Thank You

Regards
Angelo
Picture 021.jpg

Last edited:
I have done this and it was a great addition for a passenger to use when the doors are off the rig. It will try to take a picture tomorrow and post it up.

I will also try to remember where I got my handle. Mine is very similar to one of the 1/2" handles listed on the page below:

Grab Handles

I was able to use existing holes and hardware. One of my criteria for adding the handle was that I wouldn't drill into anything for the install.

Last edited:
I don't know why people need to reinvent the wheel when you can purchase molded grabs that mount to the existing bolts from SOR. The photo only shows part of the molded hand grab.
Front Speaker 02.jpg

Can someone post the link to the SOR molded assist handle? I'm looking all over and searching and can't locate. Thanks!

I don't know why people need to reinvent the wheel when you can purchase molded grabs that mount to the existing bolts from SOR. The photo only shows part of the molded hand grab.

Some like myself are not eat up with cash I suppose is one reason. Mine were free, well almost, cost me lunch.

well I got tired of looking and made myself something for the interum. SOR hasn't gotten back to me about the one they show in their roof liner pic and I can't find them in any catalog. If any one knows how I might purchase a pare I would apreciate it. adding pic. will add instal pic later.
bsevans.
I like the lighting mount you have in your pic. is that your own creation or can I get one also?
Picture 078.jpg

I just talked with SOR and they said that the molded grab bars they offered were discontinued a couple of years ago. My appologies for telling the group about unobtainium hardware. I guess people will need to reinvent the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom