For Sale 88 FJ62 - Built - $7250 - AL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is my 1988 FJ62 with 206K miles. This truck has been well built. The truck is located in Tuscaloosa, AL and I am looking for $7,250 or a trade on a built/semi-built 80 (at least on 33s with some lift).

Note, this is a repost of my earlier listing for this truck. I just wanted one post with all of the latest info since I've done a lot since the last time...

Mods:

- ARB front bumper w/ Warn 8274 winch (150' of cable) and Hella 500 fog lights

- Slee sliders

- Custom rear bumper w/ dual swing outs and full roof rack with ladder built by Mark Whately (cut rear quarter panels, tucked right up against frame)

- 37" MTRs on 15x10 aluminum American Racing rims

- Lock Right locker in the rear axle

- 6" of lift via a Spring Over Axle conversion; the spring over was performed using 2.5" Old Man Emu lift springs w/ anti-inversion shackles. A cut-n-turn and full rebuild of the front and rear axles was performed as well. The steering set-up is a hysteer system from 4x4 Labs and places the tie rod behind the axle housing out of the way of rocks. The sway bars were retained and the links extended; the rear sway bar has quick disconnect pins for off-roading.

- Upgraded stereo system: Alpine head unit, up front 6" Polk audio component speaks, in the rear 6" Boston Acoustics and 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect sub, there are two amps one to power the front and rear 6" speakers and one for the rear sub.

- Cobra CB in dash with 4' fire stick on the ARB

- New exhaust from the downpipes back

- Recently replaced tranny and t/case with a lower mile(125K) unit

- Task LED

- Passenger A-pillar grab handle

- Transmission temp gauge

- Large transmission cooler

Current maintenance:

Plugs, dist cap, dist rotor, plug wires, fuel filter, belts, air filter, PCV, Advance Auto Silver battery, 02 sensors, hoses, thermostat, rear brakes rebuilt, new master cylinder, new radiator, new passenger front caliper, new front door seals, new A/C o-rings, new A/C dryer, new A/C evap valve, alignment, new tailgate shocks, leak in oil pan repaired, all done in last 3000 miles. PO recently rebuilt birfs and replaced water pump.

What’s left:

Need to replace the A/C compressor (I replaced it with a used one, but it was no good too!). It could use some new shocks, the ride is a bit wobbly as it goes. The transmission shifts really well; no slipping, just a firm shift every now and then. It does clunk a bit when you shift into reverse, again not that bad, but it is a fairly normal thing for a 62 as the output shaft on the trans wears over time. The body is in good shape. There is a dent on the passenger side rear corner and a spot that was repaired with bondo, but the paint is in good shape (it was repainted). There are 3 rust spots on the body. One is on the driver's side rear window front bottom corner (bubbling under the paint), another is around bubbling under the 4x4 emblem on the tailgate, and the last in on the bottom of the passenger side rear window. The frame is in great shape, just your basic surface rust (I sprayed the whole frame with fluid film last year to keep it in good shape). There is some surface rust on the rack and ladder, they just need to be sanded and repainted to be perfect. The only other thing wrong I can think of is that the spare is no good (I had it repaired for a cut, and now it has a bulge in the sidewall). There are also a set of gray seat covers (SOR maybe?) that come with it. There are a pile of receipts that come with it from the PO (actually the PO before the PO I think). It is a truck with a lot of history, wish I could recount it all.

So those are all the things that could be fixed. I just wanted to disclose everything up front. It is a great truck. The Cruiser is obviously a beast offroad, I think it speaks for itself in that regard and it gets plenty of looks. The next mods on the list would be gears, longfields, and polys.

The interior is in great shape with some wear on the drivers seat, but otherwise in very good condition. The trucks drives well over the road, the only things it needs to be an even better driver are new shocks (to keep the swaying to a minimum) and some 4.88s or 5.29s so it can stay in OD on the highway.

For $250 more, I will throw in a set of Aussie sliding windows and all of the seals you need to rebuild them and install them.

Here are a few photos, let me know what kind of photos you want and I’ll get them. Contact me via PM or by email: tsototh at yahoo dot com.

3103054519_09dc87d2e8.jpg

Here are a few photos from when I bought the truck a year and a half ago (no changes really, just a few less stickers).
3103052391_5731fbb86e.jpg
3103052363_2ab7a45308.jpg
3103881626_e591f7f595.jpg

They are authentic toyota ones... I'll sell them to you if I sell the truck and the buyer doesn't want them. If I keep the truck, I'll put them in eventually.

Here is a link to a video walk-around of my truck from earlier last year. It is the same with some more maintenance, the trans sender is installed and hooked up, the spare holds air now but has a bulge, oil pan leak fixed (no more drips), new battery, new hoses and radiator.

YouTube - 88 FJ62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom