FOR SALE: 1974 FJ55 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[Updated September 9]

2637414582_b1a413b868_o.jpg

2637414510_220cf3dfdd_o.jpg

I've got a great running '74 FJ55 with a monster Chevrolet V8 in it in. This is a better then average New England truck but it has it's share of patches, dents, fixes, rust and bondo. The front fenders are newish Specter Offroad pieces. We've spray painted over the PO's camo job in a nice navy blue with a white roof. It's a decent 20-footer but not a show-truck.

The engine is fantastic, a custom built small block Chevy V8 with very few miles on it. Optima Red Top battery, Edelbrock Performer carb with electric choke, starts easily and runs smoothly. Just put on new plugs and wires and corrected some vacuum leaks. It runs perfectly.

Stock Land Cruiser 4 speed manual transmission, transfer case and manual steering. 4x4 works as it should in high and low range.

Good glass all around. Electric sliding rear window works. Full Garvin roof rack.

Brakes are good all around, front is all new disks, calipers and pads, back is stock drums in good shape. Ebrake works.

I've fixed all the little electrical gremlins, shorts, bulbs, etc. Fixed the leaky gas tank. Added a horn button on the dash. I replaced the steering box/shock mount bracket, new shocks up front.

4 good 33x12.5 MT's (2 BFG, 2 General) on a nice set of correct width white steelies. New TRE's from Specter. Steering is as tight as a 33 year old rig can get, it goes down the road very nicely.

Full SOR carpet set, full SOR seat covers (old), front bench is beatup and currently upholstered in duct tape underneath.

Complete new custom exhaust, done right running down the stock location, Gibson muffler. Sounds great but not overly loud either.

I like the Pig, but I really use a cushier rig since I rarely wheel. will consider a trade for an FJ80 orFJ62.

MUD PRICE = $4500 obro.

The truck is in Windsor VT (on the NH border, near Claremont and Lebanon NH) and it is registered and inspected, legal for the road.

If you've always wanted a Pig for a good family offroader, this is the one. It's unoriginal and ugly so you won't feel bad scratching it up, but it's also put together well and not rusted to crap.

Last edited:
have 75 fj40 ?

ok i have a 75 fj 40 with smallblock 350 stock trans 4sp and t case .will get pics for you if intrested.

ok got a bit of rain will try to get some pics this weenkend.

I am in Lake Tahoe CA/NV I have a 77 fj40 aluminum tub full cage full doors 1/2 doors soft doors put the new covered seats from my 78 Send me an email if interested I can send you some pics. Probably a little far though

I've got a '78 FJ 40 that is a good base for a project depending on your skills and an '93 FJ80 that would be a good driver while yu are working n the fawty. Maybe we could work out a swap? Naturally, we'd have to see each others rigs. I'll see you at tomorrow's meeting, we can talk. LC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom