Last Summers trip, Vancouver to N.W.T. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are a few pics from last summer. Remember when fuel was 1.50 a liter Canadian, I do. Right after our Coastal Cruiser club run to Earnst Lake (Kamloops area) we repacked the BJ 74 to drop Carolyns son to his Grandpas place in Grande Prairie , Alberta , we decided to live out of the BJ for close to a month. We headed North.
100_3374.jpg

On our way to G.P. driving through 100 mile house I had to stop . Looks like my first cruiser that I had in 88 , same color exept I had the 2F. The owner did not want to sell it, what a waste a BJ 42 rusting away like that.
100_3299.jpg

We were invited to stay at Ratpukes place ( Ft. ST JOHN) thanks Charla but it was 10pm when we went through. Filled up in Ft NELSON , 1.62 a liter and camped off of a side road. Here is what the Liard Hwy. looked like flat unpaved and did not see another vehicle for at least 2 more days until we hit the Mackenzie Hwy past a place on the map called Checkpoint (just a gas station)
100_3456.jpg
100_3505.jpg
100_3520.jpg

Here are a few more pics
100_3531.jpg
100_3539.jpg
100_3560.jpg

While in Ft. LIARD we found out the road to the Mackenzie HWY was closed, That doesnt stop us.
100_3605.jpg
100_3610.jpg
100_3623.jpg

This place on the Mackenzie Hwy speaks for itself. Very Nice
100_3645.jpg
100_3638.jpg
100_3671.jpg

Taking a ferry to get fuel across the Mackenzie river . Next year the bridge will be completed. I just remembered the name of the station, Fort Providence
100_3677.jpg
100_3694.jpg

Last edited:
And more falls
100_3710.jpg
100_3750.jpg

Well thats enough for tonite, will post more tommorrow, Good nite

Hi All:

"PradoT," cool pics! :beer:

Thanks for posting!

Regards,

Alan

:eek: Wow.

Just for the geographically impaired, could you post a map of your route?
:cheers:

Here are a few more, Thanks Alan,
Grolar , I will post a map, soon!
100_3759.jpg

The Mosquitos were bad. We kept going until we reached Hay River , N.W.T. and we found this sandy beach on Great Slave Lake
100_3771.jpg
100_3783.jpg

That Orange machine is called a Bombadier, they came from a mine that Cominco operated at Pine Point further down Great Slave Lake past Fort Resolution.
We did wheel on this trip along the way we tried a WINTER ROAD ,that is impassable when the ice melts or (break-up) . We went in on this trail fully locked spinning for a few kms until it was time we couldn't go any further. When we lost our mometum we sank, coming out we went 100 ft at a time using our trusty 24v M8000 that took a day to get out. We could not get enough speed to float on top of the Muddy Road. I was wearing gumboots that I would sink up to my knees, I knew we would never make it to Trout Lake, and by the Grace of God we made it back on the Mackenzie Hwy. Total time winching 14hrs
As for the photos of this adventure , we lost the offroading camera in the mud. I love adventure and if there is an obstacle or very technical driving , I am there ! Carolyn and I are not together anymore but I did contact her to see if she had some technical offroadind pics of this trip. Of course I am patiently waiting.

Hay River is or was a busy port at one time.
100_3797.jpg
100_3805.jpg

I am a cheap traveller , I dont believe in hotels . We lived out of the BJ74 for about a month and a half total. I am never happy when it is time to go back to Vancouver, the road is my home and I work to support these adventures. I have many more to post!

Here are some more falls around Enterprise N.W.T.
100_3849.jpg
100_3825.jpg
100_3879.jpg

After trying to make it to Trout Lake, I was able to power wash the 74 in Hay River, there was tree roots wrapped around the drive shafts etc..., Well that is enough for today, I will post more tonite, Golar here is your map.
Northern Trip.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom