SOLD WTB (San Jose, CA): 2008 - 2013 LC or LX570 -- FOUND ONE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series
Mileage
Color
silver
Hi all!

I'm ready to upgrade my 2008 4Runner to a 200 Series. Looking for a well-maintained LC or LX 570. Seems like I'm much more likely to find an LX rather than an LC, which is why I'm open to those. I can learn to live with the Lexus badging, and I don't mind the AHC (seems like a great system that I would learn to maintain and look forward to using).

Most important:
  • 2008 - 2013
  • Less than 200k miles
  • No rust nor significant time in snowy/salty states
  • Excellent maintenance history, particularly for oil changes
  • AHC showing no signs of trouble (seeping globes, etc.)
  • Bonus points for other maintenance, but I'm ok doing the "catch up" on those items
  • Any color other than black (too hard to keep clean and will pinstripe too easily)
Nice to have:
  • Lower mileage
  • Buying from a private seller, esp. a Mudder (rather than a dealer)
  • Any lightweight mods (wheels, tires, roof rack, sliders)
Thanks for any leads!

Couple of questions...

What do folks use to find their LCs? I've been using Craigslist (not very useful) and Cargurus (quite useful). Cargurus doesn't seem to pick up ALL listings, unfortunately. What else do you recommend?

Also, how do you figure out what a particular vehicle is worth? KBB seems useless ($2k - $6k below what the market seems to be). CarGurus seems to be a decent guide, but sometimes gives wacky results (for example: CarGurus says a 2011 LX 73k miles is worth $38.4k while a 2011 LX 99k miles is worth $32.8k???)

Thanks!

Charley

Hi all!

I'm ready to upgrade my 2008 4Runner to a 200 Series. Looking for a well-maintained LC or LX 570. Seems like I'm much more likely to find an LX rather than an LC, which is why I'm open to those. I can learn to live with the Lexus badging, and I don't mind the AHC (seems like a great system that I would learn to maintain and look forward to using).

Most important:
  • 2008 - 2013
  • Less than 200k miles
  • No rust nor significant time in snowy/salty states
  • Excellent maintenance history, particularly for oil changes
  • AHC showing no signs of trouble (seeping globes, etc.)
  • Bonus points for other maintenance, but I'm ok doing the "catch up" on those items
  • Any color other than black (too hard to keep clean and will pinstripe too easily)
Nice to have:
  • Lower mileage
  • Buying from a private seller, esp. a Mudder (rather than a dealer)
  • Any lightweight mods (wheels, tires, roof rack, sliders)
Thanks for any leads!

Couple of questions...

What do folks use to find their LCs? I've been using Craigslist (not very useful) and Cargurus (quite useful). Cargurus doesn't seem to pick up ALL listings, unfortunately. What else do you recommend?

Also, how do you figure out what a particular vehicle is worth? KBB seems useless ($2k - $6k below what the market seems to be). CarGurus seems to be a decent guide, but sometimes gives wacky results (for example: CarGurus says a 2011 LX 73k miles is worth $38.4k while a 2011 LX 99k miles is worth $32.8k???)

Thanks!

Charley
Carvana. I found my LX570 with 80K, service records, one owner, 2010. 2nd time buying from Carvana and very good transaction both times.

Hi,

I’m going to be listing a 2009 LX570 here soon.
It’s from Vegas, zero rust, super clean. It’s also costa azul blue mica. Has 150k miles. It’ll be listed for $26k.

Hi,

I’m going to be listing a 2009 LX570 here soon.
It’s from Vegas, zero rust, super clean. It’s also costa azul blue mica. Has 150k miles. It’ll be listed for $26k.
Hey thanks for reaching out! I just bought a 2011 LX. Will update this thread to indicate I'm no longer looking.

But I know two others that are actively looking. I'll ask if they're interested and if so, will connect you!

where did you end up finding it

Another IH8MUD member who lives in Houston (who is also looking) flagged it for me within hours of posting on Craigslist. I was the second to call and I paid the fair asking price (the first guy to call tried to haggle on price). It's a one-owner that was taken to Lexus for every bit of scheduled maintenance by owners who are at least (if not more) fastidious than me about caring for their vehicles. Passed the PPI with flying colors, and will soon be en route to me. I figured it would take me 3-6 months to find an LC or LX that fit the bill, but I lucked out and found this one within a month.

The market is definitely tight out there, and prices seem to be continuing to slowly rise. I noticed quite a few dealers starting to mark up their listings by $1k+ in recent weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom