Window goes up and on its own immediately goes down half way (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve searched but don’t see anyone describing this or how to fix it before.

My passenger rear window, from either the driver door or at the door, will do the auto-up all the way to the top, but instead of stopping it immediately starts combing down and stops at the halfway point.

I looked at it with TechStream and there are no errors and everything looks good. I can run the window up and down from within Techstream with no issue. But if I do it with the buttons in the car, no love.

This behavior started right after I ran the battery dead while working on cleaning the car with the radio on. After charging the battery and starting the car, it exhibits this problem.

Any ideas?

Sounds like you need to reset/program the limits.

Press and hold the window up and down buttons. When it reaches it's limits, keep holding for 3-4 seconds.

Sounds like you need to reset/program the limits.

Press and hold the window up and down buttons. When it reaches it's limits, keep holding for 3-4 seconds.
I’ve done this many times at both the drivers door and at the local door and no dice. Any other ideas?
Thanks!

So I pulled the fuse for that window. Checked that I had the right fuse pulled. Let it sit for 15min. Put back the fuse and still have the problem. Next I think I will pull the battery terminals and let it sit till morning.

Ok, fixed it today. It took about 30min with the battery disconnected. Once reconnected it still had the problem BUT this time it did allow for recalibration to be performed (hold switch down 5 sec, roll up, hold switch up for 5 sec). Then it was happy again and working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom