wheeling? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone wheel these

are there any hardcore ones? i.e. 38's etc? i know their classics, but wondering if there are any offbeat people out there

I resemble that :D

38's? No. Part of the coolness factor of a 25 is having all of the original parts. Why mess up a good thing when ya got it?

But Cruiser_nerd is building one up out of spare parts which should be what you're looking for. Old School all the way.

It was pretty frickin cool watching Cruiser_Nerd and foxfab tool around in 45 yr old stock trucks at Paragon.

I'm building mine for wheeling. SO with 36s or whatever I can fit.

Junk said:
It was pretty frickin cool watching Cruiser_Nerd and foxfab tool around in 45 yr old stock trucks at Paragon.

I think it was cooler to see someone do the same stuff in a stock 45 with two feet more wheelbase and about twenty feet of overhang in the back!! :D

bad_religion_au said:
does anyone wheel these

are there any hardcore ones? i.e. 38's etc? i know their classics, but wondering if there are any offbeat people out there

I don't know of any (or don't have pics of any) hardcore 25's. There's a few shells kicking around, just a matter of time. Mine won't be hardcore, matter of fact, most will probably say, "WTF did you do that for???".

I'm not into driving a museum piece :).

cruiserman said:
I'm not into driving a museum piece :).

Nothing cooler IMO than seeing a bone stock, all Toyota, Cruiser climbing up a 140 year old mining road like it's a walk in the park.

I would be too nervous about hurting something. My rig was already converted to v8 before I bought it, and I didn't see the point in trying to return it to stock. I bought it to make a wheeler out of it, and I like the cool look of the 25. Everybody and his brother has a 40, but that doesn't mean I want single circuit drum brakes or the other features of a stock 25 drivetrain. If I had a bone stocker, I would keep it that way or sell it.

I'm keeping my '72 GMC stock. It doesn't have to go offroad. Just to work and to the dump now and then.

cruiserman said:
I would be too nervous about hurting something. My rig was already converted to v8 before I bought it, and I didn't see the point in trying to return it to stock. I bought it to make a wheeler out of it, and I like the cool look of the 25. Everybody and his brother has a 40, but that doesn't mean I want single circuit drum brakes or the other features of a stock 25 drivetrain. If I had a bone stocker, I would keep it that way or sell it.

I'm keeping my '72 GMC stock. It doesn't have to go offroad. Just to work and to the dump now and then.

Yeah, having PO mods on it does give you a little more freedom to upgrade. It will be cool to see a built 25 out there too.

hmm someone should make 25 series skins for a rock crawler buggy :D

Glad you feel that way, I don't want anyone to cry when they see whats planned for my 45LV :D

It shouldnt be that hard to make something that resembles a 25 bib if its for a buggy.

Land Cruiser Junky said:
Yeah, having PO mods on it does give you a little more freedom to upgrade. It will be cool to see a built 25 out there too.

foxfab said:
It shouldnt be that hard to make something that resembles a 25 bib if its for a buggy.

Well, I've already got 2 to make after I finish the emblems, windshields, and LV door panals, but here's a pic of the repro I made.
FJ25 REPRODUCTION BIB front.JPG

no no exact is good :D

just a thought, how hard would it be to make a replica front end fit to thefront of a 40 series?

bad_religion_au said:
just a thought, how hard would it be to make a replica front end fit to thefront of a 40 series?
Most 25 body parts bolt in to the same holes as the 40 stuff does...or at least that's my understanding. Though I do have some early 25 front fenders that bolt on differently...

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom