What’s it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jayhawkcruiser

1974 FJ40
Threads
Not mine but might have opportunity to buy. I don’t want to say to much I really just want to see what people think.

105,000 miles
No issues

Last edited:
Pics

F3CDEFE2-48DD-4F67-9ED6-B6DBB69D5AC0.jpeg

FEE2B85F-FCC1-478E-BCA8-FDBE285F542D.jpeg

A26E4785-507C-4A75-9496-BF6EABB14C4C.jpeg

I sold my 96 for $6500 in 2005 with 165k. In the current market that truck would easily bring $10k+. Possibly $15k. No locker but I don’t see any rust or issues. Timing belt is due at 90k, has that been done?

Tons of knowledge in the club. I’m sure someone else will chime in shortly. Good luck.

Check the frame VERY carefully. Basically from the front of the spring perch back, have to climb under to look at the inner sides. I'm not as generous with my estimate, I'd say $6k is a good deal. For $10k I'd hand you the keys to mine. Timing belts aren't that bad, and it's a non-interference engine if it were to snap, just FYI.

Check the frame VERY carefully. Basically from the front of the spring perch back, have to climb under to look at the inner sides. I'm not as generous with my estimate, I'd say $6k is a good deal. For $10k I'd hand you the keys to mine. Timing belts aren't that bad, and it's a non-interference engine if it were to snap, just FYI.
Prerunners are listing north of 6-7k with more miles. Used car prices are wild right now.

I think the warranty time frame for the frames has ended hasn't it?

I always gauge a used Tacoma vs what a new one would cost. If you plan to buy it and use it as a weekend, extra, fun truck and do a lift, wheels, etc etc. then jump on it and keep it nice. You will never loose money on it. If you plan to drive it, then keep in mind you can buy a brand new Tacoma in the mid 20's. Granted, it is a 4 cyl, 4x4 with rubber floor mats, but still a new truck with all the safety features, economy, and comfort of a new truck. This is what holds the price back on this truck. I think it is worth low to mid teens depending upon condition. Maybe $16 to 17 if a V6 4x4 absolutely perfect with a zero rust/original paint, paper decals still on frame condition.

Craig, with the 2.7 usually there were better gears, like 4.30, can't remember if 4.55 were an option. But I'm really confused with the lack of manual hubs? It has the J-style transfer case, power windows, perfect color... it's just weird that it has ADD. Door tag will tell us more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom