Builds What the Foo is this??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So cool thing about this radio is that it is HD, wireless voice, bluetooth, IPOD connectivity, USB, Sat Ready.

Here is more detail about the radio install.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-...hu-t1819-hu-install-lc-radio.html#post8189547
IMG_7123.jpg
IMG_7065.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the finished pictures of the radio install. I located the data port down by the e-brake.
IMG_7192.jpg

IMG_7177.jpg

IMG_7181.jpg

Last edited:
Drove out of the garage with all new oil fluids front to rear. Test drove it with no issues. Power steering is nice and quiet.

Last edited:
So that is where we are today. Plan is to drive it as it sits today, maybe put some new (or lightly used) tires on it. There is a bunch of bearing noise up front of the motor. I know the a/c is out, so need to pull that belt and see if that is some of the noise issue.

So, short list is to pull the rear trailer hitch off. Fix the a/c. Drive it for a while!

Trying to decide if I add sliders before going off road with Tornado Alley Cruisers in the spring. In the final incarnation, don't think the sliders will fit, so it would be a short term thing.

Last edited:
? Why try to protect the body when we will chop it all up anyway and it'd be temporary. Trucks go up MUCH harder trails when there is no regard for body damage! Just trying to save you time and push you under the bus at the same time.

Got the armor back from the powdercoaters.
IMG_7165.jpg

So, got a problem with the electrical. Something is bleeding down the battery. Did not have the issue before, so scratching my head a little bit here. No lights on inside, no noises.

Battery was down to 3.5 volts last night over 3 days. What approach should I take to find the draw?

THanks for any advice

Put a test light across neg terminal to frame. Start pulling fuses till light goes out.

Sent from my phone using IH8MUD

2fpower, how many shop rags do you go through on any given day? Your sh*t looks seriously clean...nice job

Did the 7 pin mod today. Thanks to the FAQ and mr. Christo Slee......
IMG_7190.jpg
IMG_7192.jpg

I installed the undercarriage armor this morning. it really looks great. Pictures to come... Need to bleed the brakes and check the oil light sensor and then back on the road.

The battery is not drained down so I'm thinking that it was a door switch problem

image-1769462137.jpg

Check out the new floor mats courtesy Of our friends in the great White North. Insert "oh Canada" song here
image-1769462137.jpg

:confused: I got OEM floor mats from CDan - no need to go to Canada :meh:

These are from a 79 series truck imported from the Gulf of Oman.

I know, no big deal, but nothing you can find at your local dealer.....

Got 100 miles on her on short test drives. Abs is freaking out, so need to figure out what is wrong there. Figure that I will pull the sensors out, clean them up and try again.

I did have to bleed the brakes out since I replaced the front calipers. Strange thing is that I always bleed the corner furthest from the master, then work to the driver front.... Well if I did that, the brake pedal had the worst feel, meaning the brakes did not engage until the pedal was low. So I did it backwards and it was best foot feel.

Does this mean anything??

My abs was freaking out with manual front hubs, locked them and no more problems, didn't see manuals on yours though. Bled my brakes same way, PS side first then DS. I used the HF vacuum bleeder because I was working alone.

So went to the junkyard today where I knew a 94 LC was stashed, it was raining outside, but it was indoors. Ended up it was in a low spot and had 1/2 of standing water. Anyway, I went for parts for FOO, but the 94 had been gone over pretty good already. One thing I needed was to fix the ebrake. I Ended up finding a great ebrake cable so worked on that. Also needed the rear control arms lower, but could not get the bolts at the housing out. Talked to the guys about the housing, and since someone already robbed the axle shafts, third member they gave it all to me for $60. That is all control arms, all ABS sensors, rotors, calipers,all ebrake stuff, etc. Felt like a good deal. Only downside is that it is a non-locker rear end, so I hope all the stuff is the same on a 94 as my 96 with lockers.

work on rear brakes

So, I took the junkyard axle and stole all the ebrake hardware off it, including shoes that looked new. Here is a picture of the old and new ebrake part. WOW.

Also, the rear lower control arm was pretty bent on foo, so I swapped it out. Weird how the 94' was thicker than this on the 96'. The weight was similar, so I was assuming the one that came on Foo was OEM. Did they change to a smaller diameter pipe in 96"?

I was wondering can one cut the control arm (thicker one) and put a thick wall pipe inside of it and then weld it back together? Seems like it would make it pretty indestructible.
image-3268414649.jpg
image-312476077.jpg
image-1686447830.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom