What Part do I Need? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What part do I need? Thanks in advance.
2008 GX470

unnamed.jpg

I'd probably just replace the whole radiator. It's already 14 years old. If it cracked at the overflow neck, the other parts of the plastic tank might also be getting brittle and ready to crack. Radiators are known failure points on these GX's. Last time I checked, a OEM Denso replacement was less than $200 on Rock Auto.

Yeah that nipple is molded into the radiator tank so you’re not replacing it without replacing then entire radiator. I think technically you can get the tanks as separate parts from Toyota but the cost and difficulty of trying to swap those isn’t feasible compared to replacing with an aftermarket rad. I have had good luck with Koyo rads and a lot of people use Densos which should be the OEM equivalent.

Ok, that's what I thought would be the case. Just replaced the radiator in my 05 Land Cruiser. Just a few hours. Should it be about the same process?

Ok, that's what I thought would be the case. Just replaced the radiator in my 05 Land Cruiser. Just a few hours. Should it be about the same process?
I've replaced the radiator on my old 100 series LC as well as my current GX470 . The GX is slightly quicker and easier . Took me about an hour and a half and thats with doing the hoses and thermostat as well .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom