What happened to the FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"near new prices"

I'll agree with that. I feel like I want to get another two: One to keep stock for collectors, one to modify and daily drive and one to throw a blown 350 in (because, why not???)

I have had my 13 for a year now and I am already thinking about buying another because I absolutely love the FJ. Then again I think about buying any land cruiser I find as well. Which is why I currently have an 80 and a 200 as well. I have a problem and I need help. Sadly there is no effective clinical treatment for my cruiser addiction. I sold my 40 thinking it would help but now I just want another one.

Good video. So, what's a stock 2008 with 144K miles worth? :flipoff2:

Best "niche" vehicle I ever bought. Interesting vid, but....My good friend bought a 2018 Wrangler Rubicon and has had engine problems already. I have 81K trouble free miles on my 2012TTSE (Bought new with 3 miles on the clock) and expect no issues and expect to keep this vehicle for a long time to come. I have driven some of my friends jeeps and I dont like them. I know I made the right choice. I drive it every day and enjoy it every day. I enjoy driving my FJ off road with the AC blasting and in 4 lo and locked and having a great time with no issues. My son and I air down, barrel around the trails drive long and hard all day and then air up with co2 and head back all on a tank of gas and no probs. Best off road vehicle I have owned and I have owned a bunch inc, Dodge Ram Charger 380, Dodge Power Wagon 4x4 318, Chevy Blazer K5 350, Chevy K1500 350 and Chevy Blazer S10 ,been all over Northern Ca and Tahoe. But...This is the best vehicle without a doubt. Some of those 1/2 tons are way too heavy to wheel and too damn long, My FJ is way more capable and way more reliable.

It was a miracle they made it in the first place, even more that it lasted as long as it did and made it into RHD markets. It's still sold brand new in some markets.

It was always a sort of special edition and I doubt there were ever plans for a mk2 version.

Part of our decision to move and retire to the Philippines after living in NY was the fact that we can get brand new FJ Cruiser direct from Japan. I picked mine up in 2016 and they are still being sold. Always wanted an FJC. The good thing is they also sell the VDJ 79 here with turbo diesel V8 and its on my radar for adding to my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom