What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you dont mind me asking which spec 17" did you go with? I'm planning the move to big boy tires and want to make sure they'll stuff. BTW, got a little cabin NW of those mtns

You know, I am not entirely sure to be honest. I bought them second hand and forget what they are. I am running 1inch wheel spacers and it is pretty perfect in terms of how they tuck in. Let me look at the wheels when I am by the truck tonight and see if I can figure out what they are.

And thats awesome, love it up there. Beautiful country
 
If you dont mind me asking which spec 17" did you go with? I'm planning the move to big boy tires and want to make sure they'll stuff. BTW, got a little cabin NW of those mtns
Only 2 options....either 0 or +25 offset.

To stuff it into the wheel wells, you want the 0 offset. Our stock wheels are 0 offset. Negative offset poke the tires out past the fenders if you want that stance.
 
I thought 0 offset with big tires hit the frame rail.
Im running OEM wheels with 315s on 3" lift w/out rubbing. With 2"extended Slee bump spacers
2nd rig on -25 (Nomads) with 4" on 37s borderline rub on inner fender with Perry Parts extended bumpstop.
 
Good to know. I have -25et w/315s and they rub the inner fender. Maybe 0et is only a problem with 37s, or am I just plain wrong about this?
A few of us running 0 offset with 37s but w/out body fenders and doesnt rub the inner frame rails.
Maybe depends or tire mfg. The Yoko AT-x doesnt rub the rails.
 
Yes, originally there was no hissing sound and the wind was cold, then I stopped getting cold wind at the same time the hissing sound appeared, after replacing the valve, the hissing sound is gone and cold wind has returned. (Constant hissing noise i mean).

Check your high pressure sight glass when the compressor is running and make sure it looks full of liquid and has minimal bubbles, if so feel the two pipes coming out of the bulkhead from the evaporator, one should be warm, one should be cold, if they are kind of the same, sounds like your valve has s*** its pants too.
Thanks, bro, for the advice! One of the pipes coming out of the evaporator is getting covered in frost.
 
Thanks, bro, for the advice! One of the pipes coming out of the evaporator is getting covered in frost.
Interesting, now im no expert but im not sure the evap return pipe should be so cold its getting frosty, could be an indication of low system pressure or an expansion valve stuck wide open maybe?

Which both could be the source of your hissing sound.

But ultimately if its working, id just enjoy it!
Unless that hissing sound starts to piss you off that is...
 
Last edited:
Not sure happened exactly but I have to hold my hands up and take responsibility. 1st July I fitted new OME rear shocks which I hoped was the cause of my truck sagging at the rear. The truck subsequently drove almost 10,000 miles until I got her home a few days ago. Knowing the new shocks were not the cause of the sag, I purchased a set of OME 2864 springs on my way through Utah. I went to fit them today and this is what I found. For those not familiar, the top of the shock feeds through a very meaty bracket which is cushioned by means of bushing and plates. The top of the shock is then fed through the big hole and bolted to the frame.
The bracket is nowhere to be seen. The captive nut that holds the bushings and plates to the bracket is also MIA. The lower bushings were still at the top of the shock. The bracket (48517-60011) could be anywhere from Orlando to Montana. New one should arrive tomorrow.
20260901_171127.webp
 
PRESS TOOL KITS ARE BACK IN STOCK FOR THE LABOR DAY SALE!


PXL_20240126_182700255.webp
PXL_20240215_192431975.webp
PXL_20240215_195844029.webp
 
Replacing the radiator today on my 80.

IMG_20260905_064833821.webp



Driving my 1955 Ford Custom line as my support vehicle. My Dad bought it new in 1955 for his mother. Today is my Dad's birthday. Remembering him.

IMG_20260905_064729011.webp
 
Not sure happened exactly but I have to hold my hands up and take responsibility. 1st July I fitted new OME rear shocks which I hoped was the cause of my truck sagging at the rear. The truck subsequently drove almost 10,000 miles until I got her home a few days ago. Knowing the new shocks were not the cause of the sag, I purchased a set of OME 2864 springs on my way through Utah. I went to fit them today and this is what I found. For those not familiar, the top of the shock feeds through a very meaty bracket which is cushioned by means of bushing and plates. The top of the shock is then fed through the big hole and bolted to the frame.
The bracket is nowhere to be seen. The captive nut that holds the bushings and plates to the bracket is also MIA. The lower bushings were still at the top of the shock. The bracket (48517-60011) could be anywhere from Orlando to Montana. New one should arrive tomorrow.
View attachment 4207056
What???? You're not going to retrace your route and try to find that missing part? CrAzY! 😜
 
IMG_0185.webp


Spent the weekend in Sedona and did Soldiers Pass. Great time but found out I need to figure out my steering. The radius arms and steering link rubbed horribly. Just got to source the correct parts and get the work done.

This was the first time I have wheeled something of this nature but the 80 was at home and performed well.

IMG_0192.webp


Took my pup along with me and she did really well. Her first time we went wheeling she was less than a year old and threw up in my old 3rd gen 4Runner.
 
Last edited:
You, sir, win the "best desert patina" award. That paint just cooked right off!
 
You, sir, win the "best desert patina" award. That paint just cooked right off!
Thank you. This rig has spent a majority of its life in the southwest. I actually call it Sunkist.
 
More like SunKrisp
 
Back
Top Bottom