What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I replaced some vacuum lines and the two hoses that run from the charcoal canister to their respective locations. As far as vacuum lines that got replaced, the fuel pressure regulator, 2 that come off some connector on the top of the manifold, the hose that comes around the distributor from the PEEP Air (?). I might have missed a few but eventually, I want to replace all the vacuum lines but at $2.00+ a foot it will be sometime before it gets done.

I have been having a misfire and am hoping that replacing some of the vacuum lines might help with the situation. The plugs, wires and cap, the rotor should be good as they were all new when I had the HG done.

Shut the Exon Valdez down, by replacing the tappet/push rod cover and seals , much better, Oh and I turned the timing up a bit now it's a little faster :flipoff2:
I advance timing and more with my “pocket tuner” for very real differences. :flipoff2: Bring it....

I got to try this bad boy out this weekend!

oS39yEth.jpg
Oh man you gotta do a before and after review!!!!

Nice bumper by the way, which one is that?

Oh man you gotta do a before and after review!!!!

Nice bumper by the way, which one is that?

Thanks, the bumper is a Costa Fabrications (Made by @RDC76 ). Man, the intercooler is making a big difference already. There is a big hill I take on my commute. I used to reach 1200 degrees on that hill and have to pull back on the throttle, forcing me to slowly decelerate from just over 77 mph (70 indicated) to about 72 actual mph. With the intercooler, I can hold 77mph all the way up and EGTs don't climb above 950ish. If I decide I want to pass, I can floor it and EGTs get up to about 1050 and stay there. In the heat of summer, I could see that number slightly increasing (90 degree ambient rather than 65) but I don't expect it by much. And that means, I can probably put a little more fuel into it! The old 80 will cruise and 80-85 mph very easy now with EGTs around 800. Overall I'm happy.

Once the whole system is sorted out, I'll probably either post a full review thread, or give that detail in my build. In the mean time, I'm always happy to share information or answer questions.

I replaced some vacuum lines and the two hoses that run from the charcoal canister to their respective locations. As far as vacuum lines that got replaced, the fuel pressure regulator, 2 that come off some connector on the top of the manifold, the hose that comes around the distributor from the PEEP Air (?). I might have missed a few but eventually, I want to replace all the vacuum lines but at $2.00+ a foot it will be sometime before it gets done.

I have been having a misfire and am hoping that replacing some of the vacuum lines might help with the situation. The plugs, wires and cap, the rotor should be good as they were all new when I had the HG done.

Need to replace my vaccum lines this weekend

Thanks, the bumper is a Costa Fabrications (Made by @RDC76 ). Man, the intercooler is making a big difference already. There is a big hill I take on my commute. I used to reach 1200 degrees on that hill and have to pull back on the throttle, forcing me to slowly decelerate from just over 77 mph (70 indicated) to about 72 actual mph. With the intercooler, I can hold 77mph all the way up and EGTs don't climb above 950ish. If I decide I want to pass, I can floor it and EGTs get up to about 1050 and stay there. In the heat of summer, I could see that number slightly increasing (90 degree ambient rather than 65) but I don't expect it by much. And that means, I can probably put a little more fuel into it! The old 80 will cruise and 80-85 mph very easy now with EGTs around 800. Overall I'm happy.

Once the whole system is sorted out, I'll probably either post a full review thread, or give that detail in my build. In the mean time, I'm always happy to share information or answer questions.
whats your coolant temp? Did you see any increase due to IC locates directly in front of the AC condensor and radiator??

whats your coolant temp? Did you see any increase due to IC locates directly in front of the AC condensor and radiator??

I only have a stock gauge but it hasn't moved.

Was recently able to use a 20% off coupon to pick this Dometic up from REI. Now have to see the best place to put it. Looks like I will have to rearrange everything. Man this is quiet! Also, going to see if I want this or the 50 instead because of the way it opens. Time will tell. REI has a great return process just in case.

IMG_20190424_163118_682.jpg

IMG_20190424_163118_685.jpg

IMG_20190424_153314.jpg

IMG_20190424_151850.jpg

Spent the better part of my free time last week rebuilding the rear axle. What started as an investigation into a subtle clunk from the back end resulted in 4 hub studs snapped on the PS and 2 on the DS when trying to get the tire off ended up as a rebuild of the back end and new studs and nuts.
Wheel Studs.jpg

Got inspired by @GeoRoss and painted the hubs.
rear axle rebuild 3.jpg

Buttoning it back up with new hardware thanks to @beno including a magnetic diff fill plug :)

rear axle rebuild 1 (2).jpg

rear axle rebuild 2 (2).jpg

Spent the better part of my free time last week rebuilding the rear axle. What started as an investigation into a subtle clunk from the back end resulted in 4 hub studs snapped on the PS and 2 on the DS when trying to get the tire off ended up as a rebuild of the back end and new studs and nuts.View attachment 1961160

Got inspired by @GeoRoss and painted the hubs.View attachment 1961168

Buttoning it back up with new hardware thanks to @beno including a magnetic diff fill plug :)

View attachment 1961167
View attachment 1961169
I have to do exact same got a batch of new studs from Joey just gotta do it now, need to stop blasting nuts with a 20v dewalt.

I upgraded to ARP, should last the life of the rig!

I would assume the OEM studs would last the life of the rig too if mechanics would stop using impact drills to tighten lug nuts and not overtorque the bolts. I would think ARP studs or any bolt for that matter would suffer the same fate as these if abused but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom