What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (93 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Built (building) a treehouse for the little 'uns. Best tool / beer caddy ever.....

20190419_190727.jpg

$50 and 6 weeks later, I received my dual voltage monitor from SolidKit Australia. Will be nice to keep track of volts while camping instead of breaking out my voltmeter all the time.

20190419_162410.jpg

wrong year :(

If you and everyone else would stop selling badass parts I’d sell you mine, it’s literally the exact vehicle you’re looking for. But the time and money I’ve got into it now I don’t think it would be profitable for me or logical for you to buy it, unless you want a heavily modified rig

Camped one night at oceano dunes/pismo beach. Got there at dusk which also happen to be high tide and boy what a mess that was. Trying to setup camp before dark so I didn’t air down and got stuck in silty sand tying to avoid piles of stuck cars. Aired down and put it 4 low and popped right now. Trusty old girl never fails me!

Then I notice a minivan axle deep and the tide is fast approaching with all the brodozer flying pass them. So I got out my tow strap and try to help them, turned out to be a rental doge minivan with NO tow hook or anything!!! At this point the water is splashing the van the woman driving it was panicking. Finally wrapped around the rear axle and pulled them to firmer sand. DO NOT buy a doge minivan!

Then right next to it was a stuck doge charger with 22s, guess what? No tow points what so ever also! I told the owner whos Is pretty cool to wrap the strap around the front control arm and pull him to firmer sand. Moral of the story? Don’t buy doge anything!!! Doge is so cheap they won’t even put a tow point on neither front or the rear of their cars.

Pull out two other trucks but that was less painful. Finally got my camp area in the dark and setup up “RTT” and went to sleep, over al all it worked really well I must say. Not for two people but for just me it was awesome!!! Sorry, it was all dark so no pictures.

Last edited:
My boy hasa Dodge Dakota 2004 and after wrenching on the 80 for 6x years, all the work on his truck felt like I was fixing his old plastic kiddie riding toys. Everything is unsubstantial and cheap. His whole bench sear weighs less than 1x of my buckets. Not impressed with Dodge Trucks based on that one.
Camped one night at oceano dunes/pismo beach. Got there at dusk which also happen to be high tide and boy what a mess that was. Trying to setup camp before dark so I didn’t air down and got stuck in silty sand tying to avoid piles of stuck cars. Aired down and put it 4 low and popped right now. Trusty old girl never fails me!

Then I notice a minivan axle deep and the tide is fast approaching with all the brodozer flying pass them. So I got out my tow strap and try to help them, turned out to be a rental doge minivan with NO tow hook or anything!!! At this point the water is splashing the van the woman driving it was panicking. Finally wrapped around the rear axle and pulled them to firmer sand. DO NOT buy a doge minivan!

Then right next to it was a stuck doge charger with 22s, guess what? No tow points what so ever also! I told the owner whos
Is pretty cool to wrap the strap around the front control arm and pull him to firmer sand. Moral of the story? Don’t buy doge anything!!! Doge is so cheap they won’t even put a tow point on neither front or the rear of their cars.

Pull out two other trucks but that was less painful. Finally got my camp area in the dark and setup up “RTT” and went to sleep, over al all it worked really well I must say. Not for two people but for just me it was awesome!!! Sorry, it was all dark so no pictures.

Then right next to it was a stuck doge charger with 22s, guess what? No tow points what so ever also! I told the owner whos Is pretty cool to wrap the strap around the front control arm and pull him to firmer sand. Moral of the story? Don’t buy doge anything!!! Doge is so cheap they won’t even put a tow point on neither front or the rear of their cars.

So fun pulling people out at the beach! Last time I pulled one out, was a Superduty with a travel trailer, buried to the frame. Good times!

PSA... air down, people :slap:

So fun pulling people out at the beach! Last time I pulled one out, was a Superduty with a travel trailer, buried to the frame. Good times!

PSA... air down, people :slap:
Every season I end up pulling fools out of the sand, never took anything for it, except this year I'm going to ask them if I can have a pic on them in front of their buried rig first. Should be fun, stay tuned.

:doh:

c393471c-876d-4a77-b64d-74cdac2d220c-jpeg.1957745

Then right next to it was a stuck doge charger with 22s, guess what? No tow points what so ever also! I told the owner whos
Is pretty cool to wrap the strap around the front control arm and pull him to firmer sand. Moral of the story? Don’t buy doge anything!!! Doge is so cheap they won’t even put a tow point on neither front or the rear of their cars.

Are you sure they don't have tow points? How would they transport them on car carriers then?

Swapped out the weak stock horns in my LX450.

I was at my local Pick-Your-Part and remembered to look for an older Lexus sedan and I found a 97 LS400(Same year as my LX450). I figured that a flagship sedan like the LS400 would have some nice sounding horns and by the looks of them, I grabbed them.

They were a direct fit on the LX450(same connector) and boy, do they sound like they belong on a vehicle of this size.

I don't know what Toyota/Lexus was thinking to put some horns on these vehicles that would be more at home on a Toyota Tercel of the same year.

One banana job.

(Upgraded horn on the left and stock on the right)

20190420_190519.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom