What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (102 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes we were. We are local and try to get out every now and again. Let me know next time you are down we will try and meet up.
you have a jewel of a wheelers playground there. I loved it. Trails were on point, maps were spot on, and locals are as friendly as they can be.
I'll hit you up next time I go. thanks

Yesterday I bypassed my leaking windshield washer diverter valve so I can at least clean the windshield till I get around to ordering a new one. Also welded on another exhaust hanger trying to battle a random rattle (most of my stock hangers are rusted off the exhaust but the exhaust itself is surprisingly in decent shape). Noticed my lower oil pan gasket is leaking so I'll probably reseal that next oil change. Still have had no luck fixing my heat issue :bang:

The neighbors are talking...

93F9D0EE-1A23-4410-B0E6-0270B4A26166.jpeg

Wow that is surprising! Nice to see someone proactive about maintenance, but I wouldn't have guessed you would have seen 90% rear pad loss or fluid that dark in 30 months. Stop and go traffic??

Did all the brakes after 30 months and 17K miles Rear 90% gone front 50% gone

leuxrz62ssL6DR1BS5bvkTFPXtsOKvrWO0MvIs2opleU9AP6eQgrLXy35lcSG4e28mL1zO6CbEy35aGLw6ajfWFt3sEccVnQiF6bvMFJcU3fRgV_WMF_1MQqQw7Zt6gKwBskCPcbVZ8YE-JTXM9HqVtxgQ7KdNawoWQap-ZwZk9ajHBV5T_Q0t_iSvPPzpVRwS6qxgRImbnCexX8yCFK8xOfkFe2cTxVjG8J6xsvpFiQ9DVJkS6T_g4NhOnCdUkOrR3mK2u1ZD-CKstkK0pT57GNFzwd-H0daUus99bTUACSOR5VsY7qVQXhE6vuH-g-eEyYy0XjHuLxC5TilVAIC9xosz5VkSgOzee9tzX0f_tAU3TI7yjTBVm3Pbl7qxdFFsIYJOTumbprML1ZZORuVhMlIEvVpyrA4hGzhl2U7Y_F9rTRHEjgWe1QYeUg0KnnLDAJD_QWuTpSBShIivrHMV05KtJjvtHRY8NcOTb_D5G1LCxnUeb6N9yz9PKM3Z0kQpdafiErzmbMki58Q_rjB2YvtzZ0u_AQKjrLlQDpo_aDn0QyqoFGwQBASS8Xbho3vSUqs6VFGSlGuaiGTvKEzY6EZJeFqJm5LQNHGGI_TwTeQJZx9L5ApYt3sQ1730h1eznvjaWW1r3b5K4I_O1EuR61vnCCJwez0esTcIwdLpSmPg=w1668-h938-no

Full drain on fluid after ~18 months :eek:

View attachment 1826657

Wow that is surprising! Nice to see someone proactive about maintenance, but I wouldn't have guessed you would have seen 90% rear pad loss or fluid that dark in 30 months. Stop and go traffic??

Never DD just driven:)
I agree fluid color was surprising after only ~18 months and ~8500 miles. Rear brakes get 100% no LSPV so one gets more wear but it stops MUCH better.

@LandCruiserPhil What is your method for fluid flush? Do you use a power bleeder at the MC?

@LandCruiserPhil What is your method for fluid flush? Do you use a power bleeder at the MC?

Turkey baster the MC empty, fill it with fresh, grab a flower vase when MsLCP is not watching for the dirty fluid:D Vacuum is the best system on 80 series I have found.

Quick nut check prior to 500 mile trip to Turf & Surf. Probably should have started last week on preparation but oh well. Ever so slight wheel bearing wiggle on passenger side...should be ok for the journey.
20181107_164518.jpg

Quick nut check prior to 500 mile trip to Turf & Surf. Probably should have started last week on preparation but oh well. Ever so slight wheel bearing wiggle on passenger side...should be ok for the journey. View attachment 1826692

10 mins now and you wont think about again.

More than 10 for sure...about a hour for me. Maybe I can squeeze some time tomorrow.

Ha ha you need faster tools you dont even need to remove the tire. Can you feel the play by just grabbing the top of tire and pulling without jacking it up. If so find the time at home its better than doing in the sand. Your birfs look full:clap:

Ha ha you need faster tools you dont even need to remove the tire. Can you feel the play by just grabbing the top of tire and pulling without jacking it up. If so find the time at home its better than doing in the sand. Your birfs look full:clap:
An electric impact is in my future...very very slight movement can be felt with tire on the ground when I rock it hard (insert joke here)! I've adjust the preload at least 5 times since I've owned the truck. Didn't realize the tires don't need to come off?

An electric impact is in my future...very very slight movement can be felt with tire on the ground when I rock it hard (insert joke here)! I've adjust the preload at least 5 times since I've owned the truck. Didn't realize the tires don't need to come off?

Doesnt need to come off but needs to be off the ground. 5X in how many miles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom