What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went down in a hole and up on a peak. Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe Peak (high point in Texas) and the Cruiser plodded along like time itself and got us safely through another adventure.
0316181101-01.jpeg
0316181142-01.jpeg
0317181443a_HDR-01.jpeg
0317181458a-01.jpeg
0317181215-01.jpeg

how usable is the laddewr with this setup? It looks BA and I want one

totally usable if you remove the jerry can holder :0).

i welded on a 2" receiver tube to the setup and welded the jerry can holder to a shank. One receiver pin and the jerry can holder comes off.

Finally drove it. The roads aren't great but I can't take it anymore. Had to take the scenic "driveway" back to the house. One of my buddies peeled a flare on this trail in his Tracker, another creased his box on his Toyota mini truck. My 80 just glides through like a dream. Good practice.

20180323_163233.jpg
20180323_162817.jpg

Finally drove it. The roads aren't great but I can't take it anymore. Had to take the scenic "driveway" back to the house. One of my buddies peeled a flare on this trail in his Tracker, another creased his box on his Toyota mini truck. My 80 just glides through like a dream. Good practice.

View attachment 1660885 View attachment 1660890

Love it! I’m heading to Michigan in June for a HS Graduation, how far are you from Silver Lake? That’s where we are going..... Hart HS! Would love to run the dunes with you!

Love it! I’m heading to Michigan in June for a HS Graduation, how far are you from Silver Lake? That’s where we are going..... Hart HS! Would love to run the dunes with you!

Excellent. That would be great. I am a bit south of there but not too far. The dunes are very busy but pretty fun. Beautiful views of Lake Michigan from the tops.

Might be able to get a few Cruisers to show up. Last time I went I saw a million Jeeps, 1 Tacoma, and 1 Tundra. Lame

Excellent. That would be great. I am a bit south of there but not too far. The dunes are very busy but pretty fun. Beautiful views of Lake Michigan from the tops.

Might be able to get a few Cruisers to show up. Last time I went I saw a million Jeeps, 1 Tacoma, and 1 Tundra. Lame

Yea, that’s where I grew up..... sitting on top of “test hill” consuming a few cold ones! I met my wife up there, she worked in the ice cream stand next to the race team headquarters by the exit and air pumps! Lol
All I remember is Heeps and quads everywhere.....like gnats! I do remember a guy had a bad ash “short” school bus lifted on like 37’s, Diesel, cool as heck!
I’ll message you when we are heading that way...... snow HAS to be gone! Lol

Yea, that’s where I grew up..... sitting on top of “test hill” consuming a few cold ones! I met my wife up there, she worked in the ice cream stand next to the race team headquarters by the exit and air pumps! Lol
All I remember is Heeps and quads everywhere.....like gnats! I do remember a guy had a bad ash “short” school bus lifted on like 37’s, Diesel, cool as heck!
I’ll message you when we are heading that way...... snow HAS to be gone! Lol
Snow is barely gone. Meep me posted.

151A64B2-0B54-4954-8CD0-5F2E1EA612C6.jpeg
38DC80A7-A84C-4F49-BACD-368E9AECBD76.jpeg

PO told me when I bought the truck a few years ago that he replaced all the coolant hoses for “the safety of his family”. As I slowly get to them all they are all appearing to be pretty bad. This is the top rad hose the was clearly not on the flange completely and the clamp was right at the edge. I’m glad I’m doing this.

Finally got the sliders finished and installed and decided to go for a quick overnighter. Then I buried an axe in my shin and had to visit the tailgate ER.
20180323_203940.jpg
20180320_192734.jpg
20180323_204828.jpg
20180323_204833.jpg

Proof you don't need boots when chopping wood.
People make fun of me because I wear flip flops while chopping wood.

I dare anyone out there to show me a single pair of boots which could have saved the day!

Got back from Japan yesterday and couldn’t sleep.. so took the 80 on a drive and hit a few powerlines
88EEEA5B-31F7-4025-9160-1A8C479F6B1B.jpeg

Proof you don't need boots when chopping wood.
People make fun of me because I wear flip flops while chopping wood.

I dare anyone out there to show me a single pair of boots which could have saved the day!
I was actually wearing some leather danner boots but hit my shin about an inch above the boot. I really wish I would have struck my shin lower so my boot could have stopped the cut. Now I got 11 stitches and a big gouge in the front of my tibia.

Their Spring Break is early! Is that to miss all the tourists? I know they have already began showing up here! Ugghhh

Not sure if it is early or not but they finish for the summer recess before the end of May. :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom