What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! Sorry I missed you. Probably doesn’t help we don’t know what we look like 😂
Next time look for this guy.

8d3bcbdaeaf455df2371329d4ff0c07e.jpg

For those that don’t know, the second picture shows why your regulator is hard to turn.
Thanks for the great pictures. I have power windows on my FJ62. If I roll the windows all the way down, then about 3/4 of the time it will stop 4" above the door and I have to lower the window and pull it toward me as it is going up. Does that sound kinda the same as your problem? just wondering if a new regulator is in my future.

On a separate note, this last weekend I got a working version of an NLA reservoir overflow cap and a unicorn sticker for my air cleaner from @ToyotaMatt. The nice paint job on the A/C filter was from a couple of weeks ago . I repaired my cigarette lighter assembly by simply bending in the tabs. Too bad I discovered that my AC Bezel was cracked in the process, but that's a problem for next weekend.

Lest anyone think I spend all of my time working on my FJ, it's my go to car since I'm always using it to drop off my wife's Land Rover at the shop. Damn those British electronics.

IMG_7994.jpeg

IMG_8067.jpeg

IMG_8070.jpeg

My timing plate leak bothered me enough to dive in. Also doing ALL the hoses, radiator, water pump, thermostat, fan clutch, etc. Luckily it came apart surprisingly easy, only took a few hours. I only needed to pop the motor up about an inch to get the cam clear of the front valence. I have to figure out a way to get those slotted timing plate bolts out though, those are a pain.

View attachment 2663806

View attachment 2663807

You may have to drill out the head of the slotted timing plate screws to remove them. Replace them with 3FE timing plate screws that have a torx pattern.

Thanks for the great pictures. I have power windows on my FJ62. If I roll the windows all the way down, then about 3/4 of the time it will stop 4" above the door and I have to lower the window and pull it toward me as it is going up. Does that sound kinda the same as your problem? just wondering if a new regulator is in my future.
I’m actually not familiar with the power windows. There’s gotta be a thread on here coving that issue though.

Washed it.

40B37F73-3631-40EA-9112-7C5F2D6AAD5C.jpeg

Towed the old Expedition to the junkyard :(

D8CD802F-1537-412C-90CD-B5F6B7CF0162.jpeg

450C99FA-4688-4C7C-816D-498D7B0260F4.jpeg

Last weekend I drove my 60 to the Oregon coast to pick up a transmission, transfer case, flywheels, carb, and manifold from @Guster. A couple of buddies were able to tag along and we turned it into a great 24-hour trip. We camped at Nehalem Bay State Park, grabbed beers from DeGarde in Tillamook, picked up the parts, rolled over 300,000 miles on 101, and picked up my new mountain bike from REI Portland. We got home in time for me to try out the bike on some trails near my house.

IMG_2991.jpeg

IMG_3005.JPG

Last weekend we were able to finish up a lot of little things and take it for its first test drive with the 1HZ. Its nice.

amazin!!! sounds like a truck!!! Can I asked...why did you choose the 1HZ over the R2.8? Any idea on aprox MPGs? Starting to get all my "ducks in a row" for a future Diesel!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom