What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Completed Pioneer (Rhino Rack) install and moved my Foxwing off the 80. Bigger job than I expected, not the easiest thing to get done alone and only being 5'8". Once again, good to have tall buddies who live close and like helping out....

I went with the wider (54") rack, it'll hold my Porta Boat alongside a cargo box so didn't want to be too skinny up top.

upload_2017-4-5_21-13-43.png

upload_2017-4-5_21-13-58.png

upload_2017-4-5_21-14-36.png

Foxwing was just a quick opening - fairly windy day, just wanted to get it open since it's so damn cool and was anxious to see it on the GX.

Went to the dealership and had my dash replaced. (4 months) Got the airbag module recall done and pick up a set of rims I'll black out for my blizzard pearl GX.

Funny, I picked up a set of 5 brand new of the same (Craigslist) probably 2 months ago. Boxed up in the garage, will also powder coat to match sliders whenever I get around to it. I'm shamelessly copying @GXLee, thought his turned out great (not to mention they were cheap!).

Completed Pioneer (Rhino Rack) install and moved my Foxwing off the 80. Bigger job than I expected, not the easiest thing to get done alone and only being 5'8". Once again, good to have tall buddies who live close and like helping out....

I went with the wider (54") rack, it'll hold my Porta Boat alongside a cargo box so didn't want to be too skinny up top.

View attachment 1435421

View attachment 1435422

View attachment 1435423

Foxwing was just a quick opening - fairly windy day, just wanted to get it open since it's so damn cool and was anxious to see it on the GX.
Looks great! I wish I had gone with the wider option now that I've added the RTT as there's no room for anything else! Love the fox wing too.

Funny, I picked up a set of 5 brand new of the same (Craigslist) probably 2 months ago. Boxed up in the garage, will also powder coat to match sliders whenever I get around to it. I'm shamelessly copying @GXLee, thought his turned out great (not to mention they were cheap!).
Lol I copied someone else as well- so I can't take any credit. I will say that I originally considered powder coating too but decided against it as the center caps are plastic and may have been a challenge to match since they would have to be painted. So I decided that a few cans of spray paint and an afternoon continued the trend of keeping it cheap too. :)

View attachment 1435421

View attachment 1435422

View attachment 1435423

Looks awesome. I love the wider rack that you went with. What are your thoughts so far ?

Looks awesome. I love the wider rack that you went with. What are your thoughts so far ?

I haven't "used" it yet but am glad with the decision to go wider. It measures to easily accommodate the boat/cargo box combo I will have up there. Visually, it's not "too wide".

Biggest thing right now is that I'll probably re-hang my Foxwing - the Rhino brackets I bought aren't as stout in their as-intended installation as I'd like - I'm thinking I might drop them under the platform (attached to the underside structural channels) which will also advantageously drop the overall height by at least 2" (matters for clearance at the parking garage at work).

Not much to tell at this point in terms of usage but am glad I went for it and it's up!

Last edited:
Pulled the steps today and cut the trim off and reattached it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish trimming up the ends so it looks right. I just rough-cut it today.

Pulled the steps today and cut the trim off and reattached it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish trimming up the ends so it looks right. I just rough-cut it today.
Were you able to remove the molding clips intact? Mine did not break but the little teeth that hold onto the mounting holes are definitely worn and don't hold the trim as tightly. I'm planning on re-installing with double sided tape.

Were you able to remove the molding clips intact? Mine did not break but the little teeth that hold onto the mounting holes are definitely worn and don't hold the trim as tightly. I'm planning on re-installing with double sided tape.

I broke one, when I couldn't get a good angle on it because a door was in the way. The rest came out okay.

72977BC9-971F-4E8C-9AF6-4CE0B9AF5F98.jpg
5B350B21-9D1B-4E58-BEB7-506990EBB91A.jpg
74F27EB8-2CA5-475E-82E6-9A58A3FC0EAA.jpg
I did a lot. Got wiring cleaned up from the dual battery, did the grip tape running board cover, added leds to the old running board courtesy lights, fixed my swing out ram, swapped in Mt lt rear springs, mounted my rebuilt secondary, and did the clear gorilla tape sunroof rattle fix ( it worked). Also did some fender trim cleanup and other little things.

Just driving my GX down the road minding my own business....when this thing rolled up on me!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Finally received and mounted up the ARQ270 awning. It's actually bigger than I expected, but you certainly get what you pay for here. This ain't no Eezi-Awn. But it will do fine for my needs.

IMG_1471.JPG
IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_1473.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG
IPad mount for Gala maps

I ordered the upgraded Diff Support #2 before I go a brake the original inferior one. Prep prior to next years Moab trip. Now I need to figure out how to convince the Wifey that new gears are required in the back diff. That is a pricey sell. Might have to pull the family stranded in the middle of no where card!

That is a very real scenario

I finished trimming out the trim from my steps today - also pushed the fender liners forward a bit. I might have to do a little more...I thought I was good and rub-free until I got on the brakes and turned at the same time, then heard the tire hit the liner. So close..

xQFwzex.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom