What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

17x8 ET 0mm FN F(x) Pro wheels in gloss gunmetal and Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 255/75R17 tires at stock height -- driver's side rubs a little bit on the fender liner when turning. Less rubbing than I had on stock wheels with the same setup.

sfUIP9n.jpg

Not as much as I thought it might have cost. I paid $1047 for an OEM part (LEXUS OEM 3641060083 Transfer Case Motor), and $285 for labor. Out the door with tax it was $1438. You can get the part for about 25% less online, but as I don't have the confidence to do this myself, I was willing to pay the extra to the shop.

They definitely did the "quick" way (ie unbolt the actuator and pull it out). Still trying to build the confidence to replace the seals myself that way.

Last edited:
I've been contemplating how to best mount the Maxtrax once the RTT was installed, as I'm keeping the driver side free for the impending awning install. Then it dawned on me to use the RTT straps by adding an extra length of webbing and buckles. Now I can also use the same lock for the shovel and maxtrax. So far so good.
IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

Went to the dealership and had my dash replaced. (4 months) Got the airbag module recall done and pick up a set of rims I'll black out for my blizzard pearl GX.

20170401_163118.jpg

20170401_163137.jpg

20170401_163205.jpg

I rewired ALL my aftermarket stuff into an SPOD, uninstalled all my switches (going to use the ipad on the dash + SPOD app to run everything now). Removed my washer bottle to relocate it tomorrow, tore out all my battery stuff to install the offgrid dual battery system. Tomorrow I put everything in/build the replacement washer bottle and button it all up!

I took off my running boards last night so I could put in my OPOR sliders. I trimmed the rocker molding to reinstall it but the old clips are now too weak to hold it properly. Anyone know what I can use in their place? I found the oem clips but they're at least $3-$4 each. Thanks.

Craigslist continues to be good to me this week. Today I scored an OEM Class IV hitch with the three mounting locations for just $100. It didn't have hardware but I already had some bolts that I was going to use for a little pintle hitch I bought back when I got the truck. Plus the back two holes on each side of the hitch appear to use 8mm bolts while the other 8 bolts use 10mm so I just need to pick up some 8mm ones plus some additional washers and it will be ready to mount.

Got the timing belt changed at 95k. Just need to flush and change tranny fluid and should be good to go all PM for a while.

Finally finished the drawer system for the back of the GX. This is not the final version as I'm putting together a similar "box" with slide and cutting board for the fridge on top as well. I used 20 series 80/20 extruded aluminum and corner brackets from OpenBuilds. The design was obviously inspired by Goose Gear but doesn't approach their quality or cost! But it's incredibly strong and the drawer system can be removed in 10 min if the wife needs the rear seats.

IMG_1383.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG
IMG_1397.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG

That's awesome. If I do drawers again, I will design them to be removable like that.

I have that stove! Love it!

ordered new front LED lights that was attached on my ARB bumper. Someone smash the 7 inch lights at the parking lot for no apparent reason. Made an appointment for tomorrow to have dealer inspect my cracked dash to have it replaced and the airbag module recall

I've been contemplating how to best mount the Maxtrax once the RTT was installed, as I'm keeping the driver side free for the impending awning install. Then it dawned on me to use the RTT straps by adding an extra length of webbing and buckles. Now I can also use the same lock for the shovel and maxtrax. So far so good.
View attachment 1432742
View attachment 1432740

Nice truck. Are you running spacers?

Finally finished the drawer system for the back of the GX. This is not the final version as I'm putting together a similar "box" with slide and cutting board for the fridge on top as well. I used 20 series 80/20 extruded aluminum and corner brackets from OpenBuilds. The design was obviously inspired by Goose Gear but doesn't approach their quality or cost! But it's incredibly strong and the drawer system can be removed in 10 min if the wife needs the rear seats.

View attachment 1434905 View attachment 1434906 View attachment 1434907 View attachment 1434908 View attachment 1434909

More info! That is almost exactly what I envision when I think of rear storage for my rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom