What did you do to your pig today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got a badge from @Pigeaten and finally put it on. First time in the 10 years I have had it and probably even longer that the Pig had one on.
Screenshot_20230302_162328_Gallery.jpg

Shoveled enough snow to get the Pig out of the driveway. Drove into town for beer and fuel for the generator. Lots of downed power lines and poles along the way. I locked my front hubs just to be safe.
Ran into a line crew and their sign...
Road closed unless you're in a LandCruiser

20230302_162343.jpg

Do it! Got the same pic 4 u 😉
Ok, so i did. It was boring. Nobody was driving anywhere yesterday anyway but i went out, sat in the snow-covered Pig and started it up.
Low 30s F, had been for days. Hadn't run the Pig for days. Took 2x15 second runs of the starter motor, full choke and rapid right foot pumping and it fired up. I let it warm up to 180 and shut it down.
Nice part is that this morning, when i had to go somewhere, it fired right up with 1.5 seconds starter motor full choke and 2 pumps.

20230301_115444.jpg

20230301_120639.jpg

70 psi oil pressure ? My Chevy runs at 25 psi ?????

I've had these 16x6 Prado/70 Series wheels for a while, thinking they'd be a nice lighter weight swap using tall skinnies while maintaining an all-Toyota exterior presentation. Found a deal on virtually new BFG AT 235/85R16s so mounted 'em up and made the swap. In a perfect world, I'd have gone the 255 route ala @scrapdaddy but in reality I only sacrifice less than a half-inch of height and a little width but you can't beat half-price tires for the test run. Still getting used to the look vs. the old white OEM spokes and 33/1050R15s. I did lose 11 lbs. per wheel in unsprung weight. Maybe they'll grow on me. Probably ought to get rid of the old set of five Toyota white spokes and commit.

Prado 1.jpg

Prado 2.jpg

Prado 3.jpg

Yup, coming up on 20 years on this rebuild and i still have great oil pressure. Especially when cold.
Not to be too contrarian but I'm not sure that high oil pressure necessarily equates to good. :hmm:

Not to be too contrarian but I'm not sure that high oil pressure necessarily equates to good. :hmm:
Oil pressure relief valve is set at 70psi as it should be. Oil pressure goes to 70 every cold start just like it has since day 1. Oil pressure runs 50 or so at speed and drops to 40 at a warm idle.
I like it better than a low oil pressure.

You mean, oil pressure is always higher when the oil is cold.(?)
No I mean you want flow; pressure equates to flow to a point but only to a point. Obviously very engine specific and a deep subject with lots of opinion. Didn’t mean to imply 70 psi wasn’t perfect for @Pighead ’s engine.

pressure equates to flow to a point but only to a point.
yes, only to a point. I forget just where that point is but smarter people have posted it. FSM says set oil pressure relief valve for 70 so I did. so far so good.

That’s what makes this hobby so good, we are an extremely small niche here in pig sty and still there are a hundred different builds.

Now if those were Hurricanes…😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom