wHAT CAN I USE OFF SOLID AXEL MINI ON MY 62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Like the title say.

What could i use off the difs in a solid axel mini ?
Read somewhere i can use the lock out hubs off it on my 62? rotors calipers? anything else?

o how strong are the mini axels in stock form?

shore its the short shaft and not the long shaft? Anything i need to change if i use the mini locking hubs? or will they just bolt on?
not shore what u mean about the knuckles?
guessing the rotora and calipers are difrent?

Your right about the long shaft. It is the 40 and 62 short side inner that are the same, not mini.
If the axle comes with the stock brake system it will feature a unvented rotor which most folks including myself won't use. You can use your rotor and caliper on the minitruck spindle and knuckle. The hubs should be the same as yours also.

Is there a reason you want to use the mini hubs??? The Aisins on the 62 are plenty stout.

Aren't they the same? I thought he was just interested in them as spares.

Heres the deal i got me a front mini dif for free. Its complete from hub to hub still has one wheel on it to. i cut off the rod on the steering where it came from the steering box and the trailing link bar was cut, otherwise its complete. Truck had been on fire. but the hubs still turn, never melted . Under the truck was still in good shape. i wouldn't bolt this front dif in and drive on it, but with a freshing up it seems like a good dif. mainly a good dif for free.
I do have 34s on my cruiser. So i figured if i brake something on the front when i go out of town. I'd have the part maybe.

IM bein told the long axle shaft will bolt in my 62. And i'm pretty sure that the long axle shaft usually goes if one of the two shafts brake on the dif ? Beings its longer and the tourqe would have more twisting power to snap it. And if i needed a rotor caliper or locking hub i'd have them. It still has the Aisin hubs on it in case you are wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom