welding shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys and gals,

Anyone know of a good welding shop or welder in the Las Vegas/Henderson area? I'm looking to weld a shackle reversal onto the 62 soon. Thanks.

jeff

We are planning to have a "tech" day for the club at my house soon. This would be a good afternoon project. I have a welder in my shop and we have a few really good weldors in the club, if they show up. Best part is it's free.

Piece of cake..

SR is an easy welding job. A 110V welder will even work for it.

I'm fine with that.

John,
You still interested in a tech day?
If so this would be a pretty good little example.

Jeff,
You doing a SO as well or just one of the SR kits??

Most Saturdays are good for me. We can have a tech day on either the 12th, 19th, or 26th.

Personaly I would just do the OME suspension..

The SR will just end upbeing a rock finder if you wheel it. And will nto make much of a difference in road manners..

I was thinking SR b/c people have said that handling would improve. I haven't bought the SR yet so I guess I'll do some more research. Thanks.

jeff

Most of the handling improvments that I have seen with SR are more due to new bushings and tightened steering systems..

It makes a world of difference.

put the OME suspension on and see how you like it.

Hello fellow cruisers, just found SNLC and am wondering if a rear disc conversion on my 40 is worthy of the TECH day?

Next meeting is tomorrow at 7:30 (see www.snlc.org ). I will bring up dates for Tech day. Steve, the pres., is the one who suggested we do a hands-on, cruiser project once in a while, so I will bring it up to him. I can accomodate working a few cruisers at the same time and still have parking for a few more ;)

I think with enough people we can easily do Jeff's OME / SR and a rear disc set up on a 40.

I do not want to conflict with the trail run schedule of the club. Next trail day is March 19th out to Logandale.

I figure at least 2 in the shop and 4-5 in the driveway.
Driveway.jpg

That's a huge drive-way John. "Tech day" sounds good. Hopefully, I'll be able to learn a few things by being more hands on. Thanks Guys.

jeff

John, you suck..

:flipoff2:

Let's try for Sat. March 26th (day before Easter).

Jeff, do you have all the parts for the SR and lift kit?

SMF, do you have everything for RDBs (lines, fittings, prop. valve)?

Mace, :flipoff2: Just bring :beer:

I got a verbal commitment from a couple of other SNLC people for that date.

Hello all, I bought all the brake parts last week plus a new bikini top since the weather is getting so nice. Last night I just could not wait any longer and started the rear disc conversion. Sorry. But now you guy's have room for someone else to help with wrenching! :cheers:

Good for you. Get the rig up and playing :)

Mmmmm Corona and shrimp for brekfast...

I'll be there on the 26th..

Send me an addy John

Actually a parts list of what everyone has would be a good idea. I hate getting hit across the shins when you realize that you are missing a single part (that of course has to be ordered..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom