VZJ95W muffler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone else has to go down this rabbit hole yet

The Muffler - It seems both the (97) Prado (gas) uses the same muffler as the (97) 4runner gas

The EPC tells me 17420-62210 This PN crosses to the 97'runner as well.

Toyota Canada wants $770 for an OEM while Walker sells a stainless replacement on Rock Auto for about $215ish CDN - So that is first on the list. I see on the parts list the U-bracket holding the nuts for the connection to the Cat (17400B highlighted below) - Those show @$24 at a Canadian Toyota discount dealer.

The odd thing is the bolts (the 9015 series part) do not show as compatible to the 4Runner - I think that is a part number glitch between the part number hoops you have to jump through, but does anyone know what type of bolt they are and I can see if I can find a stainless?

1687616836976.png

The cross to Walker at Rock Auto is a WALKER 55054 with 2 walker 31384 washers. The only nuance I have yet to figure (even looking at the current muffler ) is how the fasteners for the back tail pipe are bolted - The drawing (Toyota EPC) seems to show the 2 bolts thread right into the muffler exit flange.

The one concerning thing is that the walker muffler does not use front hook - With that, I worry on stress back to the front of the Cat.

Anyways - Has anyone else had to go down the exhaust rabbit hole yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom